Logging Water

Options
Should I only be logging glasses of pure water I am drinking on a daily basis? I drink a lot of green tea (nothing added, just hot water and green tea leaves) , does this count towards my water consumption?

Replies

• MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    I wouldn't count tea but thats just me. only pure water
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Green tea is super good for you. It counts as water.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Some people say just plain water, some say anything made with water (tea, coffee, hot chocolate you make with water), and some say any liquids. I personally log water and tea because it is water, but the only real rule is log it both in the water count AND the cal counts so you don't undercount your intake. Beyond that it's your comfort level.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i know i drink enough water, so i just log all liquids as such. milk, soda, tea, coffee, water, etc. ill even log broth based soups as water some days..
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I only log pure water. If I add milk in tea or coffee I log that seperately
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Caf or Decaf?
    If it's "caf" I don't count it as water because caffeine has a diuretic and thus dehydratnig effect. If it's decaf, I count it as water.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I created another category in my diary called "Beverages (Besides Water)" under which I log everything but plain water. Even if I have tea, I'll usually lot it under that other category.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I created another category in my diary called "Beverages (Besides Water)" under which I log everything but plain water. Even if I have tea, I'll usually lot it under that other category.

great idea :smile:
  • raynavee
    Options
    I count anything I make at HOME with water as water, ie. a hot cup of tea, green tea, coffee, etc. If I were to get it somewhere else, unless it was pure water, I wouldn't add it. I definitely wouldn't add all liquids as water, especially sodas, because it's not all water.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Caf or Decaf?
    If it's "caf" I don't count it as water because caffeine has a diuretic and thus dehydrating effect. If it's decaf, I count it as water.

This 100% - water and decaf tea/coffee are logged.
  • raynavee
    Options
    Caf or Decaf?
    If it's "caf" I don't count it as water because caffeine has a diuretic and thus dehydratnig effect. If it's decaf, I count it as water.

Caffeine isn't bad for you in moderation. It actually is proven to boost your metabolism. ESPECIALLY green tea, which contains 30-50mg of caffeine per cup.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Or quit obsessing about it. This subject goes around and around. There is no scientific data to support the 8 cups a day theory, there is no truth to the myth that it needs to be pure water only and caffeinated beverages don't have enough caffeine in them to cause a diuretic effect. The average person gets more than enough liquid during the day with what fluids they drink and the foods that you eat.