HELP ! Need quick breakfast idea's

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
I find I have been skipping breakfast because I end up running out of time and need to leave before I can make something.
I need some idea's...my preference is higher protein, not super high carb, and something I can grab and go

Thoughts??

Replies

• hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and toast. It's pretty quick and easy. Also, if you don't have time (or the desire) to make the hard boiled eggs a lot of grocery stores sell them.
  • burchambaby
    Options
    I typically do 2 scrambles eggs or a bowl of plain corn flakes with 1/2 cup 2% milk, both are quick and healthy. Smoothies is another option if you have a decent blender and frozen bags of fruits, low fat plain yogurt and ice :) I also throw in the occasional protein powder too.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of recipes for baked oatmeal or oatmeal zucchini muffins out there. Adding nuts or nut butter to the mix could get you a good balance of protein and carbs, and you could take fruit too! Baking ahead for the week could be easy too.

You could also try pre-assembling breakfast sandwiches. whole wheat english muffin + canadian bacon + egg whites with onions and peppers could be tasty!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast and a satsuma!
  • msemich
    msemich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree, I love smoothies - 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup each blueberries and raspberries, 1 cup Silk Light Chocolate soy milk, and 1 scoop protein powder. Frozen fruit will make it thicker and colder, delicious either way. I had been making them with only strawberries, which was also good, but one day I saw some fresh berries and went a little wild LOL - hardly any calories but man did it taste incredible!
  • cfieno
    cfieno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smoothie: protein powder, fruit, coconut milk, ground flaxseeds, etc. whipped in a blender. Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious!
  • pselders1
    pselders1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do egg whites and ham slices on Arnold wheat rounds. You can make them on your day off and freeze them. 40 secs in nuker and your ready to go. Or it only takes about five minutes to make fresh.
  • flutterbygrl1
    Options
    my army bf has says workout first thing in the morning then eat a hard boiled egg and a bowl of fiber one and juice. dont think i have to say why! :sick:
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter. Stick with whole wheat toast.
    Cereal with or without milk, doesn't matter. Stay away from sweetened cereal, those have too much sugar.
    I have fruit in the morning.
    Greek yogurt or light&fit yogurt - those are only 80 calories and so delicious.
    Smoothies that you can probably make the night before, freeze, and you'll have a slushie in the morning.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Quick oats with protein powder in it. Optional: sweetener, cinnamon, fruit, milk, etc.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, just add in a bit of fruit and protein powder. I usually add in a handful of greens and green tea too to make it energizing and chia seeds.
  • lesliewenzel
    Options
    I typically make 3 egg whites and stir in 2 tablespoons of homemade salsa with 1 Chicken sausage (about 120 calories each and super yummy). Bistro Sensations is my favorite brand. Very low carb, low sugar, and high protein. And tastes amazing! Also like to make smoothies: 1 container of Light and Fit greek yogurt (80 calories and 14 proteins), 1 banana, 1 orange, 1.5 cups frozen fruit, and 6 oz crystal light (usually cherry or grape). I know it sounds like a lot but it really only takes like 5 minutes to make both. I do not like milk and I have boughten like 3 kinds of protein powder and HATE them all! Keep it real is my moto! Just throw the eggs in the pan and the smoothie in the Ninja and away I go!
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with apple slices. Top with cinnamon
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas !
  • mertecu
    mertecu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    100 cal greek yogurt, 2 tbsp oatmeal, 2 tbsp wheat germ or flaxseed.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche! SUPER easy to make on a sunday and then you have it all week! Just pop one out from the freezer and microwave it while you blowdry your hair and then take it with you. You can bake it in muffin tins. It's 5-6 eggs, 3/4 cups milk, a little pepper and salt and what ever cheese, veggies and/or meat you wanna put in it. I usually did turkey sausage, spinach, and cheddar. Use muffin cups or spray your muffin tin and bake at 350 for about 20. You can also use egg substitutes or less egg yoke and more egg whites. Super quick and easy to adjust to your tastes.