VEGETABLE QUINOA SALAD!!! Yum :)

Options
mswaters27
mswaters27 Posts: 24 Member
Hello Everyone!

I was experimenting in the kitchen last night and came up with a super yummy meatless meal that can be served warm or cold. There is room to play around here as you can substitute or add any of your favorite vegetables and spices!! I Hope you Enjoy! Please let me know if you try this and tell me what you think!

xXo -Michelle

VEGETABLE QUINOA SALAD
(Makes 4 very large servings
-OR- 6 smaller servings
nutritional information below)

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup Quinoa, measured dry (Rinsed very well and drained, cook acording to package)
2 Large Zucchini Squash- (Cut into sm/med half or quarter rounds)
1 Small Red Onion- (Diced into sm/med squares)
1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh or frozen Yellow Corn
1 Medium Ripe Avocado
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Garlic Pepper Seasoning (I use McCormick Grinders)
Crushed red pepper
Cajun seasoning
Dried Oregeno
Dried Basil
Dried Thyme

DIRECTIONS:

1.) Cook the Quinoa as directed on the package with a pinch of salt to taste. Set aside.

2.) In a very LARGE PAN, sautee the zucchini pieces over medium-low heat with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and a Tsp of garlic pepper seasoning untill just tender enough to eat, but not super soft. Once finished reduce heat to low.

3.) In a separate SMALL PAN sautee the diced onion over medium-low heat with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil just untill they start sweating and showing some color, not super soft.

4.) Add the diced onion into the LARGE PAN with zucchini.

5.) In the same SMALL PAN sautee the corn with 1 Tsp garlic pepper seasoning over medium heat untill heated through.

6.) Add the corn into the LARGE PAN with the other vegetables and mix to combine evenly.

7.) Add the cooked quinoa to the LARGE PAN with the vegetables and mix well to combine everything.

8.) Season the mixture with the other spices- 1 Tbsp crushed pepper, 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning, 1 Tbsp garlic pepper, 1 Tsp salt, 1-2 Tsp each: dried basil, oregeno, thyme. (**You can adjust the spices to taste)

9.) LASTLY- dice the avocado while it is in the skin and spoon the pieces out into a small bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt and garlic pepper seasoning then separate the pices lightly.

10.) Sprinkle the avocado pieces evenly into the LARGE PAN with the quinoa/veg mixture.

11.) Toss the entire mixture very lightly so that the avocado pieces do not get squished.

12.) Serve immedietly for a warm entree or refridgerate for several hours then serve as a cold salad.

13.) ENJOY!!!!

(((I was thinking... the addition of diced or julienned RAW red bell pepper would be great for flavor and crunch! Oh and a friend of mine topped their bowl with some Siracha Chili Sauce which was actually pretty tasty if you like that flavor )))

NUTRITION FACTS (Calculated through MFP)

**Per serving (4)**
Calories: 347
Carbs: 47
Fat: 15
Protien: 10
Sugar: 4
Sodium: 151

**Per serving (6)**
Calories: 231
Carbs: 31
Fat: 10
Protien: 6