New on here.

Options
Hey, I've been using this app on and off. Now I'm really serious about weight loss. I want to lose 80pounds. People say I look good for someone who weighs a lot. I don't know where to start or what work out to do. I'm about 5'6 and 275. I've never been slim.. I want to stay thick but lose my stomach and thighs and my arm fat. Anyone have any suggestions on what work outs and what to eat? I'm having trouble finding healthy food, it's hard to cut out the bread and rice. I don't know how much carbs to eat or anything.. Feel free to message and add me.. I'm so confused and I need motivation.

Replies

• SLOBulldog44
    SLOBulldog44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Each day improve. Educate yourself. And stay consistent. And, most importantly stay positive. Everyday is an opportunity to change. Good luck
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Check my blog for a good list.
    But always eat fruit and drink tons of water - that helps keep you full and will hopefully help you to control yourself at the table.
    If you keep on track, stay motivated, and have the right friends on this site, you're going to succeed. It takes time - and before you bash yourself for not seeing any immediate changes, give it about 3-6 weeks before judging.

Feel free to friend request me if you ever need advice, to vent, to talk to someone, motivation, whatever - message me! :)
  • tamaramsay
    tamaramsay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also new and I wish I knew about this app months ago. I find writing down everything I eat helps me make a better decision the next day I try to reach for junk food.
  • merii_yumx3
    Options
    Hey hun, thank you so much.. Not seeing results often discourages me.. My family discourages me too and my friends.. I want to surprise them by losing all this weight.
  • merii_yumx3
    Options
    That sounds good, my problem is temptation. Always end up Eating junk food :(
  • Livennia
    Livennia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 70 pounds to lose. :3 I also like rice and bread, but I've been eating more quinoa (which is kind of like rice though it's technically a seed) and German style pumpernickel bread that I found at my Aldi. It took getting used to but it's nicer than giving up bread and rice type things entirely. I still eat normal rice, just in moderation. I haven't eaten normal bread in awhile as I just can't control myself haha. I sent you a friend request. :D
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Im very new myself....also looking to lose 80 lbs. Dont have much to offer you,,,,except fellow support.

:smile:
  • camellia127
    camellia127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find it is easier to resist the junk food if I have other healthier foods easily available. If you do eat the junk food today, don't beat yourself up tomorrow is another day. You could also try to work in a little treat and allow yourself to have a small amount of your favorite junk food as a reward when you achieve certain goals. I find tracking my calorie intake is most helpful along with tracking the calories used with exercise. Do feel to friend me. :smile:
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Start with walking! Easy to go at your pace or challenge yourself. Not as boring as being stuck in a gym.
  • kls1love
    Options
    Hi, I am new on here also and have the same issues that you do. I also give up easily if the weight doesn't come off fast enough. This sight is helping me to stay motivated. It is so encouraging to see other people with the same goals trying to help each other succeed. We can do it. Just stay positive and we will lose the weight.
  • tamaramsay
    tamaramsay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried juice fasting, but I gained all the weight back. Now I'm 3 weeks into the gym and I have lost 5lbs. Staying away from ice cream and junk is really hard, especially when you have family members who stocks the fridge with junk and they know you want to lose weight.
  • merii_yumx3
    Options
    We can do it together, just need to be surrounded by the right people to keep us motivated. I try to limit my junk food to once a week. Cutting out soda is so hard.
  • merii_yumx3
    Options
    I know right, my family always eats junk and then they eat my healthy stuff like my fruits and Greek yogurts. Then all I'm left with is junk so I try to portion it out but junk food doesn't fill me up. :( I tried juicing I lost 5 pounds in 3 days but I gained it back fast because I can't drink too much and I wasn't getting the calories I needed.. Overall I drank about 800 calories and I felt dizzy all day and couldn't go out. Never doing that again.
  • kls1love
    Options
    Soda was really hard for me too, even diet. I have a diet soda about once a week. I started my journey weighing 278lbs and I am down to 262. I started on here at 265lbs. I feel like we have so much in common, that if we stay on here and keep each other motivated we will be ok.
  • kls1love
    Options
    Maybe we can start our own little group and check in with each other to see how it's going.