friends needed!

Options
Hi, i joined here a few months back but never really used it. I feel with a bit of a supportive network (and the guilt of knowing people can see what i eat) i might finally be able to get the best from this app.
i have recently started my dream job, and dont want to be the fat new girl! Im 26 tiny 5ft1 and not certain of how much i weigh, but ordered the dreaded scales today that have been banned from my house for nearly 5 years!!! mother of 2 little men and this is finally the start of my career, but this means i have moved away from everyone i know and finding this hard to do alone!
Would love it if anyone is willing to add me so we can help each other along!

Replies

• ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    don't use a scale to track progress. get a nice measuring tape and use that to take your measurements.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hadnt even considered that! not sure if inches scare me even more than lbs haha
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HI..... Aim to walk 10,000 steps a day..... Use Progresso soup cans for home weight lifting.... Write a list of your snack favorites and each week, eliminate one from your snack eating... Don't torture yourself or weigh yourself a dozen times a week.... You are creating a new life style.... so... Let it happen.... and feel like YOU are in control .... Best wishes.
  • albiggers62
    Options
    I totally understand!! I just got a new job that I'll be starting in February which includes a move back to my home state and my family. I was always the "skinnier" of the women in my family, but I can't claim that any longer. My new job will entail being out and about a lot, so I need to get some of this weight off and get moving.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    im training to be a tattooist and its a very body conscious industry. besides every one around me is half naked all the time getting tattooed. hard place to be the fat one haha! thank you all for the support! xx
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    hadnt even considered that! not sure if inches scare me even more than lbs haha
    The inches scare me way more than the pounds!
    I weigh myself every other week or so. Just now took measurements, after almost to my goal weight... Which made me realize I need to workout more!

Request sent
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Good luck to you, and feel free to add me :)
  • roselee1213
    roselee1213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday, this is a lot easier to use than the everyday food counter. This is my year! But I said that last year too :-D But I'm not giving up.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and adds :) means a lot! we will do it this year :)
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Welcome & Congratulations On Making LIfe Style Change, Awesome news about your career :):) Feel free to add me, here support and help!!
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im also looking for friends so add me!
  • WVAnne
    WVAnne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck with the weight loss journey! Feel free to add me! It's so much easier with friends to help along the way.
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, count me in. Support & chats all welcome :smile:
    Congrats on dream job.
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Where are you located? I'm seriously considering a tattoo as my reward when I reach my goal.
  • crzychik1984
    Options
    feel free to add me!!! i just recently started using this app too.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    (and the guilt of knowing people can see what i eat)

I swear that is what motivates me most of the time!!!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    Ive just moved to wales, I wont be tattooing for a while yet, until then i just draw, this is me if anyone is currious :)https://www.facebook.com/ArtByAngelHenry
  • QueenCat25
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends. =)
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm adding u! Goodluck, u can do this!