83 lbs down, 20 to go & experiencing a 6 month plateau.

Options
BPayton27
BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
I posted pictures when I hit 50 lbs lost. I was arrogant and thought that I would shed this weight with no real road blocks. Then came July 2012. My work ethic and eating have not changed, but my weight loss has significantly slowed down, er...uh, stopped. Completely.

During these past 6 months, I've learned that the number on the scale does not define who I am or how hard I work. I've learned to accept and love myself as I am in this moment. I've realized that chasing progress is much easier than chasing perfection. Most importantly, this is not a race. I will be working on this for the rest of me life.

Ideally, I'd like to lose another 20 and get some serious toning in. One pound at a time, right? I found some old pictures of me at my heaviest (250) and decided to do some comparisons. I wanted to share them here because I know there are people out there suffering through long plateaus and are ready to throw in the towel. Please don't. Keep going because you deserve to be your best.

I joined MFP 470+ days ago. Not a single day has been easy but you keep going.

Thanks for looking. ;)

1-1.jpg
Sept '11, 250 | Jan '13, 166

2-1.jpg
Sept '10, 250 | Jan '13, 166

3-1.jpg
Sept '10, 250 | Jan '13, 166

Replies

• mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB You go girl you look amazing :)
  • supercrushh
    Options
    You have done amazing and you look amazing !!! :) What kind of work out routine do you follow? And what kind of foods are you eating?
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    I dropped about 51lbs so far and ive also been at this plateau for the longest time.
  • hpound
    hpound Posts: 6
    Options
    Gorgeous B. You'll be the same gorgeousness when you are 20 lbs lighter too. Your dedication is something to be proud of. Love how far you've come and the fact that you don't give up!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You are looking amazing!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look amazing !!!! Love seeing the before and after pictures- so inspirational!!!!!! Good luck with the last 20 lb! You have come so far-- you can do it!!!! Congrats!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Such a great story! Congrats to you!!!
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING :heart:
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing and you look amazing !!! :) What kind of work out routine do you follow? And what kind of foods are you eating?

I prefer cardio over strength, but definitely need to start working more on that. Maybe that would finally put an end to this plateau. I am working on increasing the time I do it. At the gym I spend a lot of time on the arc trainer, spin bike, in the pool, and on the treadmill. All of my cardio is "hiit" which helps keep my interest. I have knee issues so the pool is also a big one for me. At home I do DVDs when I can. 30 Day Shred. Biggest Loser Bootcamp, Bob Harper's Total Body Transformation are favorites.

As for diet - nothing special. I am diabetic and the nutritionist I saw temporarily suggested 15g carb per snack and 40-60g carb per meal spread amongst 3-4 items. I try to follow that. I've upped my protein here recently and definitely feel more energized.

Thanks all!
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic! Your transformation is inspiring!
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful thank you for the encouraging words. I have only begun and the goal seems so far away it's so encouraging to read about others who have been down the road and succeeded and good job about stepping back and loving yourself and not being hard on yourself.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You look great! You'll break through that plateau soon, your body is just testing you.:drinker:
  • CloneSN
    CloneSN Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow! Congrats!!!! Keep goin'!!!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I, too, am at a serious plateau for the last year! The first year I lost 50lbs fast.....last year gained and lost the same 10-15lbs.....total weightloss 60lbs but I still have 35 more lbs to go. I have tried everything.
  • anitaplus4
    anitaplus4 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm so very proud of you! I definitely understand your frustration at the plateau! I'm playing around with mine now in the hopes of breaking it for good! We shall both make it happen in 2013! Keep it up!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress and commitment...well done! :smile:
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have come so far. That is fantastic! Great job. If you are worried about a plateau, I'd go off of the healthy lifestyle for about a week. Yes, you'd gain a few pounds but then once you start back into the healthy lifestyle you will lose those few pounds and even more. Your body is probably just use to what you have been doing to it since the beginning of you losing weight. Hope this could help.
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, I am SO stinking proud of you!!! You ARE a success, and successes share THROUGHOUT their journey. THANK YOU for being a solid block of a support system to so many!! Hugs to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!