How do I lose bellyfat?

Options
My belly is my worst problem. Wearing jeans can be very uncomfortable. What food and exceeding can help burn belly fat? How much carbs should I eat daily? Give examples please :)

Replies

• kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Ab workouts.
    Dark chocolate.
    Almonds (helps boost metabolism!)
    Avocado (although many people say it's fattening, it has a lot of different nutrients in it that helps trim belly fat).
    Look at my blog for more info on what foods to eat/avoid. :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You have to reduce fat all over and unfortunately belly fat is usually the last to go.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Sorry but there isn't a way to choose where the weight comes off.

You just gotta stick with it and it will eventually go away. As a female the belly is normally the last place we lose. Foods, etc won't make it go down quicker unless you have an intolerance to a certain food.
  • tamaramsay
    tamaramsay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my arm fat, but whenever I lose weight my chest and butt goes first. This sounds crazy but I started wrapping my upper arms with saran plastic wrap whenever I go to my spin class. I figure I can sweat the fat off quicker. If it works, I'll let everyone know.
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating, lifestyle, exercise and patience. There is absolutely nothing magical other then good old fashioned hard work.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I will say that I noticed a big change I'm my stomach size when I gave up sodas. Seems that they make you hold onto belly fat. Also true carbonation keeps your stomach area looking bloated.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    There is only one way. Consistently eat fewer calories than you burn.

Read this for instructions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose my arm fat, but whenever I lose weight my chest and butt goes first. This sounds crazy but I started wrapping my upper arms with saran plastic wrap whenever I go to my spin class. I figure I can sweat the fat off quicker. If it works, I'll let everyone know.
    O.o That's...strange.
  • professorRAT
    Options

You can't "sweat fat off". This is just water and it will return. Fat will be lost if you burn more calories than you consume. There is no way to target where fat comes off first or last. Your body will decide that. Stick with a sensible calorie deficit (see the road map link) and you will eventually lose the fat.
  • MichelleDaigle
    Options
    cut back the carbs! Zumba! I'm on day 3 of this and literally lost 2 pounds and I fit in a size 8 this morning! ( on Sunday I was in my 10's)
  • heidra
    heidra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    after having 4 kids i had the muffin top in every pair of pants i wore...i thought it was just there for good. then i started doing the elliptical...30 minutes and worked up to 60 minutes about 4-5 days a week. the next thing i knew my muffin top was history!! the cardio workout that the elliptical gave me, kept my heartrate right where it needed to be. also, eating 5 small meals every 2-4 hours really kicked up my metabolism and i was burning calories all day. drinking 2-3 liters of water a day, 4 servings of veggies, and no processed foods. i've lost 20 plus pounds since september and have gone down 2 sizes!! i'm loving my abs!!!
  • mvcartagena
    Options
    That is so encouraging Heidra!! I have had only two kids, but I have an annoying roll when I sit down or in jeans with a lower waistline. Curious, on the elliptical, what setting do you use (resistance)? I work out a decent amount, but really need to get my diet in gear. I am ok with my clothing sizes, but hate my abdominal area. Maybe there is hope after all! :happy:
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO.

The truth about training your abs: http://pfitblog.com/2013/01/28/30-days-of-motivation-the-truth-about-training-your-abs/
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Nothing burns belly fat specifically. You can NOT spot reduce. All you have to do it lose BF%. It will go down all on its on, on your weight loss journey. No, ab workout will no make your belly smaller. Carbs do not matter either. I know people who have abs & eat a ton of carbs. This is coming from someone who has carried most of her weight in her belly.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You can't sweat fat off...
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options

lol
  • greasygriddle
    greasygriddle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    push. away. from. the. table.

repeat
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ab workouts.
    Dark chocolate.
    Avocado (although many people say it's fattening, it has a lot of different nutrients in it that helps trim belly fat).

What? No...
  • professorRAT
    Options
    Ab workouts.
    Dark chocolate.

What? No...

my thoughts exactly
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

When I hear of people trying to sweat off fat, or taking some magic potion to "melt" away pounds, all can think of is salt brining or some other process to render fat off of meat. Then I get all grossed out, and think "ewww, I want nothing to do with that process", and feel glad that I'm not a pork roast.