I'm tired of tuna casserole; got any good tuna recipes?

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
All we seem to use tuna for is tuna casserole and tuna salad. And they're good, but come on...there's got to be something better to do. What do YOU do with canned tuna?

Replies

• droppinpounds130
    Options
    I usually chop up carrots, celery, green olives, and whatever other veggies I have on hand, make them real small pieces and mix them in my tuna then I spread this on a leaf of romaine. I even use a wedge of laughing cow cheese sometimes. I hope this helps some. I am curious to see what others do....
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    Use the search feature to look at other posts that have tuna recipes. Here's one from about nine months ago that has some delicious sounding recipes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/582495-tuna-recipes-anyone-anyone?hl=tuna+recipes#posts-82959. I love to eat tuna mixed with cottage cheese, celery and green onions (with curry powder optional). Sometimes I just eat it just like that or sometimes I put it in a pita.
  • lesliewenzel
    Options
    I like to buy the Tuna Sensations and eat them with Weight Watchers Savory Herb crackers. It is sooooo good. And a great light snack that is high in protein. It does have some carbs which makes it a great mid-morning snack!
  • laura0389
    laura0389 Posts: 123
    Options
    Try a healthy tuna melt. I love those. And they r about 150 cals.. Delicious
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i like it plain on salad with italian dressing.

i like it with celery mayo tomato and onions on wheat bread open faced to save calories

i like it made as traditional tuna salad and scooped on top of a salad instead of dressing

find a recipe for tuna nicoise, i like it like that too.
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pantry Meals: Tuna Noodle Casserole
    Servings = 6 | Serving size =about 2 cups

Cooking Time = 30 Minutes

This recipe can be multiplied by 2, 3.

This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator. Reheat gently.

3 quarts water
    16 ounces whole wheat or gluten-free rotini pasta
    2 cans Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1/4 cup 2% milk
    2 6 ounce cans light tuna packed in water (no salt added)
    1 16 ounce bag frozen peas
    fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
    1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
    2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
    spray cooking oil
    Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Place the water in a medium stock pot over high heat.

When the water boils, add the pasta and cook for ten minutes. Drain and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking, place the mushroom soup, milk, tuna (drained), peas, pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl. Fold together gently.

Add the cooked pasta to the mushroom mixture and fold together gently.

Spray a 12 inch oblong pan lightly with oil. Place the tuna/noodle mixture in the pan and press down gently with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place the casserole in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We often put tuna in pasta sauce. I use 2 small cans for one jar of marinara sauce.
    First time I did that my husband looked at me like I'm a weirdo but he really enjoyed it :)
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Tuna Stuffed Peppers

I have never made it before but I plan on making it tomorrow.
  • breakfree51
    breakfree51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make a white sauce add a can of drained tuna and some drained peas , salt and pepperor whatever spice you like. It is very nice with a piece of toast and or salad.