Pleased to join you!

Options
I've been using the mobile app for a few weeks now but I just logged onto the site for the first time. I've been wary about letting others in on any fitness goals I have, probably a mix between insecurity and fear about the reactions of others and visual exposure of my disordered eating habits from the past.

4 years ago, I lost 50 lbs. I went from 245 to 195. I'm not sure how long it took for me to lose it, but I lost about 30 of it in 2 months. I jogged 3 miles every morning and ate about 200-800 calories a day, amongst other things. I was completely miserable, I broke up with my boyfriend every other week. It was a disaster. I knew I had to stop and eventually I did. If there is a definite truth about disordered eating it's that you never get rid of it you just learn to manage it realistically. And because some of those thoughts are still in my head I stayed away from a healthy diet and exercise for fear of relapsing.

Fast forward to last December, I had stayed away from the scale for a few months but I had noticed that double chin poking back out so I decided to take a look at the number. I was 285 lbs. Part of me says, yeah that's what you get for doing it the wrong way before, but a bigger part of me says it'll just make for better and more powerful results in the future by doing it the healthy way.

So I'm back into working out, keeping the habits from before at bay and slowly seeing results and making changes. Today was Day 8 of Level 1 on the 30 Day Shred. Also I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now. I love cheese too much to be vegan!

I'd love some friends, either with a similar past or not and anyone with good vegetarian recipes would help. It's a pleasure to meet you all! Good luck and congrats on all your goals and accomplishments!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kitteakat
    Options
    Hi and you certainly can do it and the right way! Support here is so great! How do you like the 30 day shred? I'm about to buy it off of Amazon.....can you see results already? Go ahead and friend me if you'd like. :bigsmile:
  • CandiaisGolden
    CandiaisGolden Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I'm thinking I may have to modify it and stay on level 1 a few days longer. The moves aren't too difficult and I definitely work up a sweat! I don't really see any results but I feel them. My endurance is increasing and my overall confidence is better.