Ideal Protein

Options
bwdcjk
bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
Has anyone tried or had an success with Ideal Protein?!

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 5 weeks. Then lost motivation, cheated and gained it back plus 5 extra lbs. Tried going back and I just cant do it. It's so strict. the weight does come off though if you can stay on a very strict diet. It's not a lifestyle change either.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    A girl I know tried it, and she's gained everything back.
    It was really expensive.
    She got in trouble with them for going on 1.5-2 mile walks with me during lunch.
    She wasn't allowed to exercise doing it.
    Also, she got to be annoying, since she's like "I can't eat that!", while pointing to lots of different foods...
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A guy that works with my husband is doing it and has lost a considerable amount of weight, however, if you do not make it a lifestyle change and go back to eating the same as you were before, you will gain the weight back. This is true of any "diet". I personally am working on week 3 of the south beach diet and have had excellent luck. Recipes are great, I don't miss the bread and felt less bloated, with less cravings and have already lost 10 lbs. I went into this "diet" with the idea that this was going to be a lifestyle change for me and I certainly don't regret it. Good Luck!
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes Ideal Protein on a normal week (without buying their supplements that you're suppose to take) cost me around $90 per week!!! Plus I was paying for a gym that I didnt use.
    Because you're eating between 800-1000 calories on IP they do not recommend you exercise.
    It works, but you gotta work it!

I am in this for the long haul hence the reason I cant do it anymore.
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my coach with IP recommends exercise, you just have to eat an extra pack of food on the days that you do exercise.

the plan has four phases. phase one is for weight loss. phase two-four help you transition you and teach you how to eat when you are no longer on the program so you can maintain your weight.
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have two friends who lost a lot of weight using it and once they stopped they both gained the weight back.
  • nsiberil
    Options
    i did it...lost 56 pounds in 4 months, then gained back 40....i would not recommend it
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My doctor's office supports it and I talked to them about it over a year ago but since I had a significant amount of weight to lose (60 lbs at the time) I would have been required to do the supplements and it was going to be like $80 a week and I could not afford that. I lost 36 lbs last year on the Body by Vi shakes and exercising everyday but haven't lost a thing since August and gained back 8 lbs from November - January when my motivation went out the window. For now, I have started back on Body by Vi but was hoping since I don't have as much to lose now (25 - 30 lbs) that Ideal Protein may be a good option...not as expensive if I don't have to do the supplements. I tried NutriSystem (which I get the feeling Ideal Protein is similar too) 3 years ago and did not stick with it. I was not satisfied on their little portions. Looking for something to get me over the hump and back to losing.
  • moyemr
    moyemr Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on it right now and love it. I don't mind the strictness of it. Actually makes it easier on me in a lot of ways because of my work schedule. I've lost a few inches right where I wanted them most. Fortunately I like most vegetables and don't mind them. For me, I have to retrain myself to eat more than the fast grab once a day so it's helped me there a lot, too.
  • jeffn9
    jeffn9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on it right now and love it. I don't mind the strictness of it. Actually makes it easier on me in a lot of ways because of my work schedule. I've lost a few inches right where I wanted them most. Fortunately I like most vegetables and don't mind them. For me, I have to retrain myself to eat more than the fast grab once a day so it's helped me there a lot, too.

I'm on it too. Have been on it only since Oct 25th, and have lost this weight during that time. It works, and as long as there is a lifestyle change that goes along with this there won't be an issue - just can't go back to eating the way that got me all huge and I'll be fine.