how many do not do this? and still lose...

Options
i usually get to the gym every week like 3 times a week but havent this past month to much going on....how many dont exercise and still manage to loss weight???????

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have not been to the gym - nor done any formal exercise in over 6 weeks! I have lost 10 lbs!
    FWIW - I have a very busy job and seldom sit. I hav efound watchjing my calories and making bettr food choices has gone along way. yes- I want to exercise - but work & life have not provided me any time.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I never have been able to.....you could if you REALLY watch what you eat, but I wouldnt recommend it.....exercise is a huge part in it, even if you just get in what you can! Exercise is what gives me energy to get thru my day!
    Good luck!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely possible to lose weight without exercise but it's definitely not good for your health.
  • TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I do lots of walking and I'v lost 10 pounds this month. Maybe if you have a busy life and don't have time for the gym, get some exercise equipment for your home. I lift 5 pound weights during my fav shows at night and I have a stationary rowing machine that's pretty compact and doesn't take up alot of space.Good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    There are alot of people who loose weight without working out...it just takes longer

However if you want your body to be healthy then excercise is ideal
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I once heard from a friend of mine that was studying to become a personal trainer that 80% of weight loss is how you eat. I really haven't been putting that much into exercise (do exercise though just very little about 20-40 min a day maybe 3-4 x a week at home). I started MFP last Monday (April 26) and so far I have lost 6 lbs! I have been eating healthier then I have ever eaten in my life and I know that the majority of my weight loss comes from that and that for the first time in my life I am drinking at least 64 ounces a day! My sister recently went to a nutritionist and he told her to only exercise 3 X a week for 20 min (cardio) and 2 strength training for 10 min. She looks awesome and the majority of hers was from changing what she ate and how she ate!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't exercise, I just try to eat healthy... I do walk alot I try to walk everywhere.. but yea it dose take longer to lose the weight if u don't exercise!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I can't lose weight unless I exercise...I don't mind. I love working out.
  • JimROCDS
    JimROCDS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you stop exercising you'll see your weight drop a little, due to loss of muscle tone.

Also, when you exercise your body stores some water for cell repair.

However, exercise is for keeping a healthy body. Even your brain benefits from exercise.

If you hate going to a gym, take up Power Yoga that you can do at home. Or workout
    with Gilad on FitTV if you get it.

Also, walking everyday for at least 30 minutes is a must.

Jim