In 3 Stages....

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
On March 4, 2011, I was diagnosed with Diabetes... and told that I weighed 306 pounds. I knew something needed to change. Immediately, I started to change. I lost almost 42 pounds... but, I stumbled and went backwards.

On September 4, 2012, I was only down 25 pounds from March 4, 2011. I was now 281.

Today... I am 246. It's weird... but, I can't tell a difference on my own. But, when I put the pictures side-by-side... I definitely can. The picture below is the 3 stages I mentioned above.

2nrlx1k.jpg

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    Options
    I still have a long way to go, though.
  • boyd224
    boyd224 Posts: 14
    Options
    You are doing a great job! I can see a real difference in the pictures!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far...60 pounds is a great accomplishment. Keep going and lets see a 199 progress picture :)
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I can see a TOTAL difference!! Nice work!!! Keep it up!
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, can definitely see it! Exciting, eh!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Oh... BTW ... I've reversed the Diabetes. I now have a 5.1 A1C. My doctors are beyond excited about this.

And... thanks everyone for the comments. :smile:
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! And the best part of all is getting the diabetes under control. Congratulations!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! And the best part of all is getting the diabetes under control. Congratulations!

Very true. That is definitely the best part. :smile: Thanks
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fabulous! :)
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Thank you all for all of your comments.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all of your comments.

oh my goodness, what a difference. Your face has changed so much- your beauty is really showing through.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That's a great transformation already! Congratulations on getting your diabetes under control - that really is fantastic. Can only get better from here on in. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!