Another New Mama (well.............)!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I too am a new mum, but bnorms i think i have outperformed with my weight - my son is 12 months old and i still have 3.5 stone to lose!!

The worst thing was i managed to lose 4 stone (5 years after giving birth to my daughter) and fell pregnant by accident a month after reaching my goal and put on 5 stone with my son!!!

Anyway..... i am fully commited to losing the weight again, have enlisted the services of a personal trainer, who is flogging me twice a week (a am so unfit)! and have been using the phone app to track my diet. I return to work in August so would like to have quite a lot shifted by then.

Catherine
Scotland UK

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey! You've come to the right place for support......with two kids, you should be runnin' round after them constantly!
    I put my youngest in the stroller and walk like a maniac for 20 minutes at a time, weather permitting. I also just finished day 9 of Jillian MIchaels 30 Day Shred. It's a good beginner workout if you're looking for something to do when they are in their cots sleeping!
    You can do it! I am doing it-after having 5 kids! Still a ways to go....but slow and steady wins the race.
  • cg71177
    cg71177 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hiya,

Thank you for the words of encouragement!! I'll definately give the Jillian Michaels a go.
    You are looking fab after 5 kids - Inspirational!

Think ive just got through the "feeling sorry for myself stage", like you say, its one day at a time.

What type of diet and excercise routine have you been following generally?

CX
  • bnorms
    bnorms Posts: 4
    Options
    I had to look up what a stone was lol. 14 pounds? Right? Haha I guess I want to lose 5.28 stone then. My ultimate goal is to get down to about 170. That is still considered overweight for my height, but I have been there before and (in my opinion!) I looked decent.

I have a "mini-goal" for August as well, that is when I am moving. We can definitely do this! I am really glad I found this site and think it well help us out a lot. It is a great start to have a personal trainer to set you up and tell you what you need to do :)