Nothing for 3 months... :(

Options
I started my diet and exercise plan about the beginning of Feb this year to lose weight for a festival at the end of June. I have stuck to it pretty much every day, going to the gym at least 4 times a week, eating 1200 cals a day and i have literally lost no weight. I cant see how this is happening, i'm including all drinks i have, and include muscle work-outs at the gym as well as cardio, i feel a little fitter. However, I feel as though I'm putting in loads of effort, but getting nowhere and its really disheartening, I just want to look and feel good for the summer.

Any advice on what could be causing this as my BMI is 24.18 (according to the wii fit...) which seems high for me to plateau at...

HELPPP!!! D:

Replies

• 123gonnareachit
    Options
    yeah I haven't been losing much weight either. I'm been the same for about 4 months. It's good that you're excersising,try to change up your diet and make it balanced. I know it's really hard,hence I have only lost 6 pounds in four months!
  • jenjaw
    jenjaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, nice to know someone is in the same boat (even if its an annoying one)
    I think I'll look more in to balancing my meals, kinda hard cause I work at a Subway though : /
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow I thought I was unique! I have been doing everything like you and not losing. I wish I knew what to do, my daughter's wedding is in August and I had thought I would lose 30 lbs.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    I'm not an expert at getting at of a plateau, but I know a lot of people have recommended eating more calories. Maybe try to eat more calories on days you work really hard in the gym. Also, drink lots of water!!! Tea is also a great beverage. I don't know what else to tell you, but i feel for you girl! I have about 5 lbs. left to lose and it ain't coming off despite my hard work and counting calories! But you'll get past this, just stay motivated!
  • chameleonguy
    Options
    I had a look at your diary, and I think I might know a possible problem.

I noticed that you add your exercise in, which is good, but you're not usually eating any of your exercise calories.

Think of it like this.

A person needs to have about 1200 calories a day coming into their body. When you exercise, it effectively cuts into that number. So if you eat 1200 calories, exercise for 300 calories, you've only taken in a net of 900 calories. Going too long like that will cause you to go into the dreaded "starvation mode". When that happens, you will stop losing weight, and in fact can even gain weight, since your metabolism slows down, and your body tries to store more of what you eat.

So try eating as many of your exercise calories as you can for a while, and see if it helps.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I had a look at your diary, and I think I might know a possible problem.

I noticed that you add your exercise in, which is good, but you're not usually eating any of your exercise calories.

Think of it like this.

A person needs to have about 1200 calories a day coming into their body. When you exercise, it effectively cuts into that number. So if you eat 1200 calories, exercise for 300 calories, you've only taken in a net of 900 calories. Going too long like that will cause you to go into the dreaded "starvation mode". When that happens, you will stop losing weight, and in fact can even gain weight, since your metabolism slows down, and your body tries to store more of what you eat.

So try eating as many of your exercise calories as you can for a while, and see if it helps.

I have a friend that needs to see this response.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wasn't losing much at all in the beginning either. Then I started eating all my calories and eating all my exercise calories and boom! I started losing!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I wasn't losing much at all in the beginning either. Then I started eating all my calories and eating all my exercise calories and boom! I started losing!!
    Yep, me too. I don't always eat all of my calories either. Sometimes I eat all or half, but either way, its working.
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You might want to start varying your intake. It's not healthy to eat two bowls of cereal a day, every day. Special K may have catchy commercials that tell you you will lose weight that way, but if you do, it won't be healthy, and you're likely to gain it back. Work on getting 5 fruits/veggies in every day, 8 glasses of water, 2 lean proteins (how about an egg for breakfast), some good fats (think nuts), some whole grains and some dairy/calcium. When you think about your daily intake in terms of these components in makes your plate and life more colorful. Also, if you're eating the same things every day, your body will get into a processing rut. (This counts for workouts too, try to vary up your routines.) And, as stated by others, eat your workout calories.

Hope this helps.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I echo everything said by chameleonguy and sweet4keeps22. Both are PERFECT advice. And perhaps you need a refeed...I just realized I do, been plateued for a week now and read up on it and your supposed to do it every week to 2 weeks and I've been at this for 2 months now without one!