Morning Coffee

I LOVE my morning coffee! I used to dring 3-5 cups each morning.I've cut back to one, occasionally two cups. But what I can't shake is the way I like it; sweet and super creamy. I use fat free creamer which I know is laden with chemicals. I switched to the naturaly flavored real creamres, but I moved to Germany and those aren't avalible here. :( Does anyone have any recipies or suggustions on ways that I can still enjoy my coffee without all the cream?

Replies

• sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    I love my coffee to! Originally I would have it with 2 sugars and quite a bit of semi skimmed milk, have never tried creamers... I slowly cut back the sugar adding less every time and am now down to less than a quarter of a teaspoon also I switched to skimmed milk. The other thing I found was that the better quality coffee I bought the less milk and sugar I wanted because they took away from the taste. I've now found hazelnut coffee which is delicious and I don't need any sugar and just a drop of milk to go in it. I think it's about slowly changing your tastes, cut back a little each week and you may find you prefer it that way. I still drink 3-4 cups a day because I can keep the calories low! Best of luck :smile:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I like the sugar free creamers a lot...and use organic sugar...it takes some getting used to because they aren't as sweet as the normal creamers or even the fat free ones....I don't want to give up my coffee...I generally only have one cup a day anyway.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Walk/march to the coffee shop?
    Room in day to enjoy your calories and then burn them off.
    i used to drink black coffee when large and now I have to have milk and sugar when reduced to keep calories up

best
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I just discovered a recipe for homemade almond milk and made some on Sunday.
    You do not need to add anything, but I used 1/2 tsp of coconut extract. You can do a search here for the recipe, or google it.
    I did not add anything besides the coconut extract, but there are endless possibilities.
    It is great in coffee and I had it on my cereal and oatmeal.

It is extremely easy to make.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Thanks guys for you tips! Homemade almond milk sounds great! And maybe I'll try part creamer, part milk and slowly change the ratio.
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Here is a recipe for homemade creamer taken from http://deliciouslyorganic.net/homemade-coffee-creamer/
    She has different flavors on there also. This recipe makes 2 cups of creamer which ends up at like 37 cal per tablespoon which isn't bad considering you said you only have a cup a day and there is nothing processed and no chemicals...

French Vanilla

1 cup whole milk
    1 cup heavy cream
    4 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 vanilla bean

Whisk together milk, cream and maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cut vanilla bean in half, and scrape out seeds. Add seeds and vanilla bean to milk mixture. Turn off heat, cover the pot and steep for 30 minutes. After mixture has steeped, strain through a fine mesh sieve, pour into a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator. (If you don’t have a vanilla bean on hand, simply replace it with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract)
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    ohhhh! Yummy! Thanks!