RAVE!!!

Options
michlingle
michlingle Posts: 797 Member
Blue Diamond makes almond milk next to the soy milk area in the grocery fridge!!! I am so tired of drinking soy milk and after hearing about the negatives of too much soy, I am so glad that there is now almond milk in the fridge section! I know that companies have been making it for some time, but I just never tried it until now. It only has 60 cals per cup and 2.5g of fat...so low in cals!!! It tastes SO much better than soymilk too! I used 'so' a lot in this post LOL...

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I never liked soy milk, but love milk.
    How's the almond? Is it good? Does it have a sweetness?
    I like milk in my coffee....perhaps almond milk would be good in it....but I don't like sweet.
    Tell me more! :tongue:
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about too much soy.... maybe it's time to do some research.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Almond breesze or Pure silk is yummy! Been using it for sometime now. I especially love the vanilla. :bigsmile:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Almond Breeze is YUMMY too!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I started using it after someone here posted a pumpkin recipe that used it. I had never heard of it before. I really like it because it has only 1 protein (I have 7 kidney stones & have to limit protein & sodium), and the same amount of calcium as milk, 30%. However, if you do not like sweet, it may not be for you. It is quite sweet. I use the 90 calorie vanilla version on my shredded wheat and bran cereal, but do not drink it. I have used both Blue Diamond and Silk. Silk has lower sodium. :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I never liked soy milk, but love milk.
    How's the almond? Is it good? Does it have a sweetness?
    I like milk in my coffee....perhaps almond milk would be good in it....but I don't like sweet.
    Tell me more! :tongue:

It has a perfect level of sweetness, I just tried the original, not the vanilla flavor...I will try that one soon! I think I am going to make a banana smoothie out of it now!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The Almond milk tastes nice....its similar tasting to the soy to me

I switched to Almond milk when my aunt heard a study that says too much Soy in boy children makes them grow hormones and gives them girl tendencies....didnt see the report myself, and not sure how true it is...but I switched when I tasted the Almond and liked it....and also gave my children without them knowing it was Almond and they couldnt tell the difference

I drink the original and it tastes like the Soy Vanilla to me....
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Thanks for the info.....I need to try it!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    I love almond milk. it is really good in protein shakes
  • peart47
    peart47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I came across a coupon for almond milk (Silk Pure) so I bought some and it was fabulous!!! I'm not much of a milk drinker so I've been drinking soy but I loved the almond milk so much that I've switched to it! YUM!!!
  • peart47
    peart47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I came across a coupon for almond milk (Silk Pure) so I bought some and it was fabulous!!! I'm not much of a milk drinker so I've been drinking soy but I loved the almond milk so much that I've switched to it! YUM!!!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, i wonder how the almond milk would effect me?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, i wonder how the almond milk would effect me?

It is made from almonds. Almonds don't have lactose. I don't see a problem.