Options

Replies

• Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumping!
  • runningwild00
    Options
    one of my favorites is: 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot, add a cup of salsa, a can of black beans, a cup for frozen corn, taco seasoning and any other seasonings as well. once the chicken is cooked shred it and you can put it on top of brown rice, quinoa or put in tortilla shells. i have also thrown in a block of cream cheese with it and you could add green/red peppers and onion....

MMM this sounds good!!
  • ash518
    ash518 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bump
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jenks9
    Jenks9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Sangjui
    Sangjui Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!:tongue:
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, I'm seeing some yummy recipes! Thanks
  • TRACYDARLING
    TRACYDARLING Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually do some kind of cilantro lime shredded chicken in the slow cooker. That way, it's really versatile. I can use it for tacos/Mexican, Asian dishes and put it on top of a salad. When I'm tired of it, I make a creamy Thai coconut soup or tortilla soup with it and add a load of veggies!

1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs for more flavor)
    6 tablespoons lime juice
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    3-4 cloves minced garlic
    1/2 cup quality chicken stock
    4 tablespoons sriracha sauce
    Generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
    1/2 (packed) cup fresh cilantro -chopped

Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice, chili powder, garlic, chicken stock, sriracha, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
    Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker, add cilantro; heat through.

Your good to go! You can always adjust the heat. I tend to add a few chopped jalapenos to mine while I'm shredding it. I like things spicy! Enjoy!
  • jersgirl060606
    jersgirl060606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Easiest recipe ever!! Everyone at my office uses this now.

*4 or 5 Chicken Breasts
    *Large can of green enchilada sauce
    *Can of Green Chilis

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5. Shred chicken and put over rice or tortillas with cheese. YUM.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Easiest recipe ever!! Everyone at my office uses this now.

*4 or 5 Chicken Breasts
    *Large can of green enchilada sauce
    *Can of Green Chilis

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5. Shred chicken and put over rice or tortillas with cheese. YUM.

That sounds good! I'll have to try that. Thanks!
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew

Makes at least 6 servings:

3 medium sweet potatos chopped into approximately one inch pieces
    2-3 medium carrots peeled and chopped
    2-3 Chicken Breasts chopped into approximately one inch pieces
    1 can of diced tomatos or whole roasted tomatos
    1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg

Combine all and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Top it with a little fresh basil if you want. Sometimes I'll put a little dried basil in crock pot, too.

My husband loves it, my kids eat it up, it's one of my favorites... super easy and healthy! :)
  • cardoza2011
    Options
    Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Soup
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 7 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Pts: 6 pts • Weight Watchers Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 306 • Fat: 6 g • Protein: 28 g • Carb: 37.5 g • Fiber: 13.5 g • Sugar: 3 g
    Sodium: 698.4 mg (without the salt)

Ingredients:

2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
    2 (10 oz) cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
    1 red bell pepper, minced
    4 oz can diced green chiles
    1 tbsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ancho chile powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp oregano
    16 oz (2) skinless chicken breast
    1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
    2 medium scallions, diced
    cut limes, for serving
    1 medium haas avocado, sliced
    sour cream, for serving (optional)

Instructions:

Take one can of beans and place in the blender along with 2 cups of the chicken broth; puree then add to your slow cooker. Add the remainder of the beans and chicken broth into the slow cooker along with red bellpepper, tomatoes, bell pepper, diced green chiles, cumin, chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, chicken breast, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Set slow cooker to HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 to 8 hours.
    After it's done, remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place back into the slow cooker and add fresh scallions, remainder cilantro and adjust salt and cumin, to taste.
    Serve hot with lime wedges, avocados, and sour cream if desired. Makes about 10 1/2 cups
  • twilasue54
    twilasue54 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A beef roast, I usually get whatever is on sale. 2 big cans(if you can find them) of Campbells Beef Vegatable SOup. otherwise I use 4 small cans. put it all in crockpot and cook while you are at work. soup thickens like a gravy. then I make mased potatos and a vegtable when I get home. don't add any water. My hubby did it for me one day and added water and it was not nearly as good.
  • Anji75
    Anji75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I made this in my crock pot yesterday. It was super good and my family mowed it back! Also took it for lunch today, and it reheated very well.

4 pork loin chops (about 4 oz each)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 envelope dry onion soup mix
    1/2 cup water, chicken broth, or white wine
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1 package mushrooms, sliced

Put the chops in the bottom of the crock pot. Put the onions and mushrooms on top. Mix the can of soup, dry soup mix, and water together then pour over the top. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Ran this through the calorie counter and got 350 calories a serving.
    . Can't wait to try this
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a great pulled bbq chicken recipe that you make in the slow cooker. I think the basic ingredients for the sauce are tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar,. So good! Look it up!

Otherwise I haven't had much success with my slow cooker. Most stuff comes out tasting the same!

This is good. I use Brown Sugar Splenda and it tastes great (I use Brown Sugar Splenda in a lot of sauces, e.g. Barbecue Sauce...same taste, fewer calories:)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Chicken Curry is another good Crock Pot thing. I don't have a particular recipe...I just put in things I like, e.g., cubed chicken, cubed red potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, light coconut milk, curry powder/paste, etc. Go light on the potatoes and be sure to use light coconut milk to help mitigate your calorie count.