game console suggestions for exercise??

Options
HI, I am wondering if anyone uses video games to work out at home? If, so please let me know suggestions, what games,etc. thanks :)

Replies

• Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I used to play Xbox with my kids, I played the game Your shape fitness evolved 2012. I really like it cause it imports you into the game and it can measure if youre doing the exercises right.
  • nifulop
    Options
    Xbox- Dance Central 2 and 3
  • angela2k1
    angela2k1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The EA Active games are ridiculous! The first time I tried it, I set the intensity to medium and thought I was going to die! They really are good workouts.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I use the wii. Many different games such as Biggest Loser, Active 2, Wii fit, Zumba, Zumba core. I also do that is not on the wii Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii. I use it all the time to weigh myself.

I have Active 1 and 2. I much prefer 2, it's harder plus it also has the heart rate monitor. I actually have it set up now, so that on the running portions I actually jump on the treadmill. Pretty cool. I also have set up my own 30 minute step workout. So I get some variation.

I also have Wii Fit. When I first started out, I used that solely for my exercise. I'm way beyond that now. I also had a couple of the dance dance games. They were OK. I sold them.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Zumba game, but I love Zumba so I might get that one anyway.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    xbox I like not having to stand on a board or hold a controller
  • prismperfect
    prismperfect Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Get the Xbox with Kinect, and get Dance Central 1, 2, & 3. Lots of song variety there and it is truly lots of fun!
  • kristinarussell7
    kristinarussell7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got a wii about a year ago and didnt really use it much. But just recently got back into using it. I really enjoy the dance games... Zumba, Just Dance, etc. I'm sure they are all good though on the wii... anything that gets ya movin!
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started off using the Wii to do all of my exercise.
    Then the Wii board came out so I got that and Wii Fit which was really good fun and excellent exercise.
    Recently I have just gone over to the realm of Xbox 360 with kinect and it has blown my mind!
    Using the wii you have the potential to cheat and just wave the wiimote around and it appears like you are running or whatever. With kinect you have to do the exercises for real and a lot of the games will let you know where you are going wrong (to straighten your back or hit the rhythem on time).

On the Wii I used Wii Fit and the Just Dance series. Now on the Xbox I have Your Shape: Fitness evolved 2012 and the Dance Central series. Both are really good but I am using Your shape the most as it is so varied and can help you with cardio and strength exercises. Using the xbox has helped me shift that little bit of stubborn weight and my heart and lungs feel so much stronger and healthier.

Hope that helps!
  • Food4Fuel
    Food4Fuel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds crazy but I got a cheap spin bike and ride it while playing Xbox, usually something like call of duty and the time flies by. I can burn 400 calories in 35-40 minutes according to my HRM just by playing a few rounds.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We have a Wii with Wii fit+ and it is a good program for getting some exercise in especially when you can't get outside but it is getting a bit dated now. I would look closely at the xbox with the kinect thingie as it's more recent.