When you HAVE to eat out...

Options
I am forced to eat out at least 1-2 times a week and since starting with MFP, I've been really worried about what goes into my mouth at restaurants. I downloaded EAT THIS NOT THAT on my iPhone and it's become indispensable. Between that and MFP nutrition information I am ready to order!!!!! Thank you MFP and EAT THIS NOT THAT for making some great iPhone apps that let us make informed decisions!!!!

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm searching for that app right now. Thanks for sharing! we really only go one place to eat and it may be once a week. the last two times i was there, i ordered a cheeseburger no roll, LTO and a double order of steamed veggies with no butter. it's all bar type food and it's really the best I can do if there are no good specials on the board.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    All I can find is "Eat this not that" the game.

Might it have another name?
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    Uhhh, be careful. If the app has the same advice I regularly see posted on the internet by the same name it's not always sound. Look at the nutrition info very carefully; sometimes the suggested meal will have less calories and fat but be LOADED with sodium. Or they will say something along the lines of "Instead of eating a double cheeseburger with a large side of fries, try a cup of soup!" And that's just annoying... :grumble:
    Good-luck! Let us know how it works!!
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    I agree with Thaedra, the healthy choice is not always just about fats and calories. I find a lot of foods that are reduced fat, reduced calorie, and they make up for it in sodium. And, that's not just eating out, thats on the shelves of your local market.
  • peart47
    peart47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All I can find is "Eat this not that" the game.

Might it have another name?

If you plug in 'eat this' into the search bar, it pulls up the app and the game. Hmm...it's 9pm and I've just tried to look it up on my phone and it's not coming up. Try it tomorrow maybe...?
  • peart47
    Options
    Uhhh, be careful. If the app has the same advice I regularly see posted on the internet by the same name it's not always sound. Look at the nutrition info very carefully; sometimes the suggested meal will have less calories and fat but be LOADED with sodium. Or they will say something along the lines of "Instead of eating a double cheeseburger with a large side of fries, try a cup of soup!" And that's just annoying... :grumble:

I really like that you can order the list by calorie or sodium, among other thins. But yes, you are correct. At least I don't feel so lost now when I go out to eat.
  • peart47
    Options

This app has nutrition breakdowns of national restaurants so it's not really an 'eat this way kind of thing'. Thanks for commenting!
  • kdewald
    kdewald Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i had no idea this not that was an iphone app... thanks for letting us all know that helps!