Instant wake up call! New friends needed!

Options
HEY YALL!!! My name is Mandy. I am not a complete newbie here but I needed to introduce my NEW self. I have a new drive, attitude and plan this go round! I was very successful with it last time but need to make this one stick!

Me and my husband went to get life insurance. Got the blood work and then about a week later a call that scared the CRAP out of me
"Mrs.Cox your rate is going up bc they found something wrong with your blood work."
I almost passed out! I ran home got on the website for my results and found out that I was at risk of a heart attack bc my LDL levels were high. NOW as terrible as this sounds that actually made me relax a bit bc I was thinking the worst and also bc I KNOW this is manageable. I have a drive that I didnt have before. I KNEW I wanted to be thinner bc of "cosmetic" reasons and that health to m was just a bonus but now, I have to.

Now thats my story. I would love some "Pick me uppers" HAHA No way I am going to be able to do this alone!

HAVE AN AMAZING HEALTHY DAY!!

Replies

• m1key87
    m1key87 Posts: 113
    Options
    Welcome sorry to hear about the above, we all need some support Friends request sent
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Welcom Mandy, feel free to add me.

Sorry for the health issues you are going through! You can kick those blood work results in the *kitten*.
  • MsJackieO318
    MsJackieO318 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I sent a request, we can use all the support and motivation we can get :)
  • Elainethelucky
    Options
    Hi Mandy please feel welcome to add me. Will always be here for support and positivity.
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to be healthier! Sending friend request for support and motivation.
  • Frogger54
    Frogger54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mandy, I sent a friend request.
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy,

I am the same issue with the blood work. The last time I did this it was amazing how much better those results came back!! Friend request sent....lets get our health back!!
  • writer_chick
    writer_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Scary indeed! You're right--at least this is something you can control. High cholesterol runs in my family, and my doctor told me I'd likely have to go on meds at age thirty-five. That's five years away for me, and I'm adamant to exercise and eat right and bring that down to a manageable level so I won't have to do the meds. I'm sending you a friend request!