Options
    bump
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lakegirl246
    Options
    Bump! I eat black beans five days a wek. Looking forward to some variations here...thanks!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    bump for later, love all the ideas
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Try this (can be a start to a chilli):

Black Beans
    Diced Sweet Potato
    Salsa (or Diced Tomatoes with green chillies)
    Fijita Flavored Rice (cooked with coffee instead of water)
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    bump!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    add to:
    * soups
    * eggs
    * tacos/burritos
    * salads
    * make a paste and use on sandwiches

Make a blackbean hummus. Outstanding!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    google vegetarian recipes they are used in a lot of them when I was pretending to be a vegetarian a few diets back.. ;) . LOL
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can mash them with cooked long grain brown rice and sweet potatoes, form into patties and grill them to make awesome clean burgers :)

sounds delicious
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    oh yum i love black beans............. (they make ya toot though! lol) .......i like to get some chicken tenders and cook them in the oven with some salt and pepper, maybe some seasoning, etc ..... then get a whole grain or spinach tortilla and put beans down and chopped tenders on it and load it up with greek yogurt. i swear that yogurt is better than sour cream......... YUM.......shredded cheddar if you allow it ;)

I just discovered that greek yogurt could be substituted for sour cream. I tried it on my lasagna the other day and I was sold. I love sour cream so it's good to know that i can substitute it with plain greek yogurt.
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    once cooked, add feta, a little pico, and pumpkin seeds. makes great taco filling.
  • heatherterp
    Options
    black bean brownies

puree can of black beans juice and all
    mix in with 1 box of a good brownie mix

Bake following the directions on the box thats all just the beans and mix.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    Dr. Oz website has a recipe for black bean brownies... when you really need that chocolate or craving brownies or cakes try that recipe. It's actually really good.
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Barbecue Succotash (compliments of Rachael Ray)

Saute diced onions, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper in a skillet. (I usually just "eye ball" the amount.) Rinse and drain a can of black beans. Add to the pepper and onion mixture. Add about a cup or so of frozen corn. Saute until heated through. Add barbecue sauce (any kind you like) to taste.

Delicious...and very filling! I've used this as both a side dish and a dip.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I used to make them as a side dish by sauteeing with a little garlic and diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar - or with a can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles).

Throw some chicken breast in a crockpot and top with a can of black beans (drained), some frozen corn, and your salsa of choice. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    bump for later...but i wanted to add this:

i took advice from my puerto rican friend: add i packet of Goya (or whatever brand) Ham seasoning to black beans and they come out to DIE for!!!!
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    BLACK BEANS AND RICE w/Turkey Kielbasa

7 oz Healthy Choice Smoked Sausage (I use Hillshire Farms Turkey Polska Kielbasa)
    2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes w/ green chilies, undrained
    14 oz. can Fiesta corn, undrained ( I use Green Giant Mexicorn)
    1 tsp Emeril Lagasse essence
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp Fresh garlic

Slice the sausage into small pieces. Add all ingredients to 3 quart slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low for up to 10 hours. Served over brown rice. 1 serving = ½ C cooked brown rice, 1 ¼ Black bean mixture. I doubled this for a bigger slow cooker.