plateau

Options
why?how long?best way to get off of it?without starving myself ....

Replies

• emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Increase your exercise or change the exercise you are doing.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    The search function is your friend.

you will find many, many posts about this within the forums, and hopefully some very helpful advice.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Calculate TDEE and eat that for 2 weeks then cut cals at only 20% from TDEE.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This is all rehash of 1000s of previous posts. Raven is right.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    lol im in the SAME boat u are! :) got these last 19 suckers...BUT i did switch back to cleaner eating. i was staying more or less within my cals BUT i was eating lots of crap. plateaud for 2 freakin months! so this week, i know its only been a week but im just sayin, i went back to good clean food (salads and lots of fruit n water) and exerising. tomorrow i weight in and i hope i lose a freaking ounce or somethin to keep me goin. :explode: also, i upped my cals from 1200 to 1300
  • ShawnMStarr
    ShawnMStarr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Elevate your caloric intake by about 150% for 3-4 days. This will "reset" your metabolism so to speak. The general thinking being that if you are consistently eating below your RDI, your body will adjust and gradually burn less until your deficits are not effective any longer.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    eat at maintenance for 2-3 days .. then back on your lowered cals .. that normally works for me :)