Hello!

Options
Hello all! I came across this website because a friend told me about it. I have to say, I LOVE it! It makes tracking my food/exercise, etc. so simple! And I love that I can use the app on my iphone!! SO convenient!!! I have tried and been successful at Weight Watchers and South Beach, however it's with keeping it off that I have NOT been successful. I KNOW how to lose weight--I mean, it's not rocket science--lower your calorie intake, workout, etc.--I just cannot get myself to forever follow the rules! I find that once I lose the weight I slowly fall back into old habits! Or if I have ONE bad day, instead of learning from it and doing better the next day, I get in the mindset of, "Well I already screwed up yesterday, might as well eat that piece of cake!" So, I really, REALLY need to stop doing that and take each day for what it is...a journey on a HEALTHY road--some days I'll come across bumps, and some days I won't...I have to remember that!

I'm getting married this December and I want to get healthy/fit once and for all! Also, my fiance and I plan to try and start a family after the wedding, so not only do I want to get healthy/fit so I look fabulous in my wedding dress, I also want to get healthy/fit so I can increase my chances of getting pregnant (AND have less baby weight to lose after)!!

I just joined this site Wednesday, but I've been trying to keep my calories around 1000/day since March 20, 2010 and I'm down 16 pounds!! Only 24 to go for me to be pretty comfortable...would love to lose another 35 (rather than only 24), but I'll be at a healthy weight for my height once I lose another 24 pounds so that's my starting goal! Wish me luck!!

Replies

• Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!
  • jankoh
    jankoh Posts: 2
    Options
    I like that, 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.' Its going on the frig.
  • StaySee0828
    StaySee0828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks Joscelle! And yes, jankohler, that is one of my favorite quotes! Sooooo true! :laugh:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    another quote I saw on this site:

"if hunger is not the problem then eating is not the answer" Duh! Why didn't I know that?! I do now and added it to my profile!
  • StaySee0828
    StaySee0828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh i like that quote--think I'll add it to my profile too, thanks!!!!