Losing baby weight...and then some

Options
I'm 26 years old, with a 6 month old son. I put on a few pounds while pregnant, but I've been unhappy with my weight for the last 6 years or so, and would love to finally lose weight and KEEP it off! I am also motivated to switch to a healthier lifestyle because I had gestational diabetes, which can increase risk of developing type 2 diabetes, and I want to prevent that.

Looking forward to my weight loss journey(40 lbs) with all of you!

Replies

• My daughter is almost 8 months and I also had GD with her. I think this app is really going to help me. The hardest part for me is finding time to exercise with a 8 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. But we can do it! Just think in three months, you could be two sizes smaller!
  • jamiezum
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old and I work full time. Finding time to exercise is definitely a challenge, but you have to make it a priority! I've made excuse after excuse in the past, but this time I mean it. My exercise comes before laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc. and usually occurs on my lunch breaks or during naptime. Good luck to you gals! It's nice to know there are others in the exact same shoes as me. :)
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My son is 20 months old (tomorrow) and I gained 50 lbs while pregnant (I am 5'3). It took me a year to lose it. It was not easy this time around. Before I became pregnant I was trying to maintain a 70 lbs weight loss. I have noticed that since giving birth weight loss is not the same as it was when i was younger the first time around. It takes longer and its harder.

BUT I am doing it and you can do it too!

I recently bought a treadmil so I had no more excuses and so I could find time for myself.
  • RAINBOWBRITE2016
    RAINBOWBRITE2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 week old and a very demanding 3 year old and work full time as well. I understand how hard it is to find time to do anything additional between working, taking care of children, running household and everything else. I've been working out during my lunch (have a gym at the office complex) so 30 minutes on the bike and then when I get home I have been doing a 1 mile walk / cardio video that takes 15 minutes. My 3 year old kicks his legs up in the air and "tries" to do the video. It is so cute. By the time I have to pause a couple of times to take care of the baby or see what my 3 year old is doing it takes closer to 20 to 25 minutes but well worth it. My goal is once it warms up to get us all outside and start going for walks again. Good luck and just try to incorporate more movement whenever possible.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, with a 6 month old son. I put on a few pounds while pregnant,

Yeah, that happens, but didn't it really just offset all the lbs lost during the acts of conception?

:D

Good luck to you on your weight loss. The mind is a powerful thing, and now that you've set your mind on increasing fitness, work to keep it focused and your goals will be realized.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I work at a mall and have started walking a couple laps of the mall on my lunch breaks...then I have no excuses of housework or baby distractions.
    Right now my little guy actually likes to watch me work out...I'll do jumping jacks in front of him and just giggles away. I also can't wait for the warm weather when I can take walks outside again!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, with a 6 month old son. I put on a few pounds while pregnant,

Yeah, that happens, but didn't it really just offset all the lbs lost during the acts of conception?

:D

If only it was that easy! :D
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    You can totally do this!!

I've had 7 children. Started out at 120 and ended at 164. I'm 2lbs away from my original pre-pregnancy weight.

I got to the gym 5/6 days a week, and mainly focus on lifting. I eat clean with one cheat day or three meals over the week.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a 7week old girl and a 9 year old boy and I too had GD with my daughter. I have already lost the pregnancy weight but I have a lot more to go to get to where I am happy. It is hard with kids and life to find time to workout. I have stayed on the meal plan the dietician gave me during my pregnancy and that has helped me with my beginning weight loss. Hoping to keep it up.