NSV!!...3 Year Old Pants

Options
So I've had a pair of pants that I always thought would be cute for work living in my closet. They were always way too small. I liked them so much, I couldn't throw them out when that time of year came to donate clothes. Year after year, they took up space in my closet. I would always tell myself "one day, they might fit" (but I'm not sure if I believed it). Every now and then, I would try them on just to go to button them and be disappointed.

Well not today! For the hell of it, I slipped them on and buttoned them with ease! They fit perfectly! I still assumed I was too big for them, so it was quite a pleasant surprise. Just had to share :happy:

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is such a great NSV!! I know you are thrilled!!
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome! =D I have a pair of burgundy cords I have had in my cupboard for about 10 years and have always wanted to get back into them. The day I can I will be so thrilled!
  • writer_chick
    writer_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Niiiice work! And what a great surprise. :) Btw, what is "NSV?" I see that a lot around the forums.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Niiiice work! And what a great surprise. :) Btw, what is "NSV?" I see that a lot around the forums.

NSV means "Non-scale victory"

;)
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory! I have a pair (tags still on) that I have saved for over a year now. I can't wait for that NSV.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's a great feeling!! Good luck to you guys!!
  • writer_chick
    writer_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options

NSV means "Non-scale victory"

;)

Ahhh! Thanks! :D
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • jrieck1009
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job :) I have two pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans sitting in my closet that I just can't seem to get rid of...my daughter is 5 :/ hopefully I can get into them sometime this year!!
  • sarahmom2
    sarahmom2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I have a pair of pants just like that in my closet. It's a great feeling when you can finally get those suckers buttoned without having to suck it all in and stop breathing for the day. Keep up the good work!
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Isn't it amazing how you can be in denial of your accomplishment for a minute--like wait these actually fit!?! So happy for you :)
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!

I have a few of those in my closet, hoping I can get in a them in a couple weeks! Started 30 day shred yesterday, hurting today but hurts so good! :happy:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've always bought good clothes that last forever and had a little black dress and a pair of very good wool pants (still have the Union label!) that I couldn't bear to give away even though I hadn't been able to wear them for 10 years. Now I can. It's like getting some new clothes for free!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That's the best when you can "shop" in your own closet for stuff!!! :wink:

Oh, and by the way..... GO RAVENS!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome way to start your day. Good for you!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    ^5!!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! What's even better is when they go from once too tight to now too loose. :)
  • nora711
    nora711 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! I'm so happy for you!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Super NSV! And I am so glad to know I am not alone in having things in my closet that I "want" to wear some day. Several with the tags still on.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!! Shopping your own closet is the best.

I have a similar situation, and an embarassing one. I too had a bunch of work pants in my closet in size 14, 16 and was wearing 18s. I decided to remove the ones that don't fit to keep the ones I do from being squished. To my utter embarassment, I pulled 14 pair of 16s out and 23 pair of size 14 out, leaving about 5 pair of 18s that I was wearing regularly.

I guess I didn't want to admit how many pair were there that I could not get into!! I am happy to report that the 18s now slide off without unfastening them and I can wear most of the 16s again. Looking forward to doing the same with the 14s and I even have a couple pair of 12s hidden somewhere.

I think this kind of "hoarding" happens when you are never happy with how things fit and you keep trying???:blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!