Runners - Wannabe to Pro

Options
Hello, I am looking to up my running friends list. I find that reading each others tales of woe and successes can be helpful and inspirational.
I love to read about 5k to full marathons.

Alrighty then. Hope to hear from you soon.

Replies

• xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bumping this 'cause minivandad is a fantastic runner and I'm always looking for more running buddies too!! :)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I would put myself in the wannabe list, there is the occasional success (and the occasional tale of woe)! I usually run 3 times a week. My 5K and 10K times are in my profile.
  • minivandad
    Options
    You soooooo rock!
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Definitely no pro here but always looking for more running buddies!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I run "a bit" :drinker:

happy to have motivational friends :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I started running last fall and have been increasing my distance quickly. I have now begun the Hal Higdon 18 week marathon plan and hope to run my first this summer
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started training for the Steamboat Springs Half Marathon in June. I've signed up for my first 5K in March and hopefully will find a 10K to run in as well before the big day!

I used to run about 13 years ago, but stopped... so fast forward, here I am, 75 pounds overweight and starting to train all over again!

Add me if you like! We can do this together!
  • CortneyHicks20
    Options
    I'm sending you an add! I try to run a 5K once a month. I love the competing factor but it also forces me to keep my cardio up during regular workouts! I have absolutely no plans whatsoever to run anything more than a 5K. I'm a little too heavy and it kills my shins and feet!
  • gillybeanz74
    gillybeanz74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Runner here. Hope to do at least 2 halfs this year (one is in 3 weeks) and a bunch of 5k and 10k as well. Add me if you like. I might look like the typical "runner" but going on 4 years now of running
  • mjaustin45
    mjaustin45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely a "Wannabe" here....I am trying to start out as a jogger/runner. If anyone out there as any tips on how to get started let me know. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
  • kungfujen
    Options
    Please add me. I am working on c5k program and will run my first 5 k in February.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running. The mile in HS gym class was the most-dreaded day of the year. With that said...

I completed the C25K program in October 2012 and ran my first ever 5K (time: 27:43). To keep myself motivated, I signed up for a series of 8 5Ks in my area between February-October (what can I say, the "I did them all!" sporty jacket really convinced me to go for it). Now.. I love running. What? I seriously do. I run 3-4 times a week and am on day 4 of training for a half marathon.

I feel like the poster child for "You can do it!"
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i just started a 5k program monday and have never attempted running, it would be nice to have some friends to go to for advice.:flowerforyou: please add!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I run all the time and post and blog about it regularly. I just finished my 7th half marathon last Sunday (and wrote a post about it on my blog) and am training for my third marathon which is on May 26th (I have another half between now and then as well) I love to read about people's running trials and triumphs! :)
  • m1oscar
    m1oscar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Runner here- been at it for 13 years! I ran 10 half marathons last year- this year I am working on speed and loving it! Sending requests to you guys! :)
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    PICK ME, I hit the pavement at Disney for the Princess Half next weekend... very first one!!!!! Super stoked. I would looove looove to add some running friends as well :)
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I am totally a wannabe. I love running though! Just starting out but It is my favorite! Can't wait to do things like the princess run! Everyone can add me as well. :) Thanks!
  • ama3t
    ama3t Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a very amateur runner! I used to have a 7.5 minute mile and could run 3 miles in 25 minutes... Now I can't run more than 1.5 miles without walking in between. I did have a baby in between there though :) I have my first 5k in years at the end of March. My goal is only to be less than 30 minutes, but I'm working my butt off and it feels great :D I run at least a mile almost everyday, or do P90X if I can't get to the gym. Good luck!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I took up running about 8 months ago with the C25K programme. Did my first 5k on Dec 1, kept running and am now half way through Bridge to 10K. Signed up for a 10K in April and a 14K in June. I'm even getting to the point where occasionally I enjoy it!
  • tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Always interested to hear about other runner stories as well, not a pro but definitely dont count myself as starting out. Would love to add other runners to my friends list. Add away lol