S related NSV

Options
cazzer69
cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
Having started my (way to late) fitness programme at the start of November I didn't bother buying a scale for the flat (I work away 4 weeks out of 5).
I knew from the wife's WiiFit that I weighed more than 280lb (and scales in the UK tend to only go up to that).

Second week of jan I was doing the weekly shop and realised the local supermarket had a scale that went up to 320lb. Is was expensive but I thought, what the hell, it will allow me to track progress.
So I paid the extra and got it. Got it back to the flat and lo and behold 276lb.

Pyrric victory as I had lost a lot of weight but I could have saved a fortune on a normal 280lb scale :)

Not complaining though.

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss of pounds!

And sorry about the loss of the other pounds...
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One never expects to read the words "pyrric victory" in an online forum. :smile:

A lovely weigh-in surprise nonetheless. I'd expect most people buying a new scale discover they weigh more than they thought. Congrats!
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh the irony... but what great progress. And I love that you see this as a victory- because it sure is!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I laughed so hard at this! Yes, congrats and sorry. :laugh:
  • cazzer69
    Options
    One never expects to read the words "pyrric victory" in an online forum. :smile:

Even if I did misspell Pyrrhic *sigh*
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Even if I did misspell Pyrrhic *sigh*

Meh, me too. It was the phrase that counted.

Also, there's an edit button.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    LOL that's funny but amazing work :D keep it up!
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss, that is fab! And thank you for giving me my word of the day, "pyrrhic" is just sensational! Hope the next weigh in will be even better and cheaper! :-)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Talk about a scale related NSV :P Congrats to you, pretty exciting! You could always take the scale back and swap it out :wink: :laugh:
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pyrrhic victory. Had to look that one up. The origins of the term have an interesting history. That was cool. Thanks
  • cazzer69
    Options
    Educational as well as motivational :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!