Fit bit help?!

Options
I was wondering whether it worth it for me to buy one...a lot of people have said that it's pretty accurate with TDEE estimates online.

I don't have a lot of money so I'm wondering if it's worth it from people who have one!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The fitbit is a pedometer. It's a super fancy pedometer, but a pedometer, none the less. ETA: And worth every penny.

If the majority of your exercise is running or walking, or you have a job that includes a lot of walking, then you will really like it.
    If you are a sedentary person and most of your exercise is weights and classes etc, then for you it will probably be a waste of money.

I have a fitbit and I love it. It is by far the best health related purchase I have made. Their customer service is the best I have ever seen.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just bought a fitbit one a couple weeks ago and love it! It really does inspire you to move more daily. I now park my car out to the farthest parking spot at work to get more steps and do that at other parking lots. It doesn't register exercise bike or ellipitcal machine when working out so those I manual input into MFP but it does register all steps and stairs so it does pick up steps on the treadmill at the gym.
    I had been so careful with mine but Monday night I accidently left it on my workout pants when it went into the washing machine. I realized what I had done about 10 minutes into the cycle and pulled it out of the water and it still worked. I put it in rice the last couple days. It still works but Tuesday morning the battery was low and I charged it but I am worried it won't hold a charge now. Good thing I bought the extra protection plan at Best Buy. If it doesn't hold a charge the next week I will be returning to Best Buy to get a replacement.
    I love my fitbit one!