walking

Options
Does anyone know how i can figure out the amount of calories burned walking from my car to my office door. I have parking farther way from the entrance and only have been counting walking up the stairs to my office.

Replies

• twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you can get a GPS based pedometer/running program like runtastic or runkeeper and then start it when you leave the car and end it when you get to your office and the speed at which you are walking. You can then enter that in MFP as walking (it has the different speeds).

That said, I wouldn't enter it as exercise. Its something you do everyday. Treat it like a nice bonus. It can also balance out when your chicken breast is 4 oz instead of the 3oz you though it was. My walk from my car to my classroom is 1/4 mile. There are days when I do 2 or more miles just walking around the high school campus I work on but its not really exercise. I am not sweating.
  • Gunsentry
    Gunsentry Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Depends how fast and far you walk but to give you and idea:-

Walking at 3 mph for one hour will burn about 260 calories.

Speed=Distance \ Time - e.g. 3x1=3 (you would walk 3 miles).

Now work out the distance from your car to your office door - Time yourself and you work out the distance and now you can then fraction down the calories.
  • jcsalsa
    jcsalsa Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for your the imputs. I never thought of those APPS I do have an APP called Accupedo which i think does the same thing. I just consider it because I am off my BUTT walking to the building but I will have to count stuff.