rice cakes-good or bad?

Options
I haven't been eating bread for almost 3 weeks now,but I substituted it with rice cakes.Should I still be doing that?

I mean, they are low in calories,so I though that they had to be good,but because I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to,I thought that it could be because of rice cakes.

Also,I try not to go over my calorie goals,so they almost always fit into my daily goal.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter where your calories come from unless you are at goal and trying to tweak macros for health.
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some rice cakes can contain alot of sodium and that may cause you you retain water. Depends how many you are eating
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread, pasta, etc either. I use a couple rice cakes a day to help suppliment my snacks/meals. I use the Quaker low sodium and Jif Natural Peanut butter as a snack or a couple of flavored Quaker rice cakes (usually apple cinnamon or carmel) along with my protein shake in the morning. I try my hardest to make sure each meal has a protein in it (to keep me more satisfied). I rarely eat them on their own, because I'd be hungry again in 2 hours.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bad. They taste like crap
    Humble opinion only :wink:

Unless they're causing you to go way over on sodium, or you're adding a ton of stuff to them for flavor and those additions are adding too many calories, I wouldn't worry too much. Find what works for you in keeping you within your calorie goals. If they work, keep it up. If they don't, find something that does.