Shoes for high impact cardio

Options
Hi everyone I have been doing TruboFire and Insantiy for awhile and the arches in my feet always tend to hurt. I have Saucony brand shoes right now. Anyone have any suggestions for the proper shoes/brands that I should be looking for to give me more support?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The question may be an issue of actually needing less support rather than more. I found that switching to a minimalist shoe, even in daily life, let alone activity, dramatically decreased the amount of issues I was having with feet, ankles, knees hips, and back.
  • heatherdawn007
    Options
    I did half of insanity with running shoes, while living out of the country. When I moved back to the states, I went and bought under armor cross trainers and those shoes made all the difference in the world. My feet are narrow, and somewhat flat, and my heels were moving around a lot with all of the jumping. I wanted something that had good support and would hold my foot in place. Try on a few cross training shoes and see what feels good on your feet - different brands/shoes work for different people, but if you don't have cross training shoes, I would look for some! Good luck!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Rykas (hopefully, the OP is female because Rykas are made for women).
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    As an avid runner I wera Brooks. The support I get FAR exceeds any brand I've tried such as Saucony, Muziuno, and Asics.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees so I wear a running shoe because they tend to have more cushion. have had much success with Nike Pegasus.
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love my Rykas. My brother swears by Brooks. But I just got a pair of Nike Air Max and I love them too. I would just go and try some on and do the moves that you will be performing in the store. That is what I did. Good luck!
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I opt for cross trainers of any kind when doing that kind of activity, I find they work well compared to my running shoes. Maybe inserts will help?
  • nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As an avid runner I wera Brooks. The support I get FAR exceeds any brand I've tried such as Saucony, Muziuno, and Asics.

I agree.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have always gone to Academy and purchased Nike running shoes. But someone at my bootcamp recommended I go to Racquet and Jog, which is a local store that looks at your feet and how you walk and asks what type of activities you will be doing. Then they recommend several styles/brands that fit your specific needs. I now have a pair of Mizuno that I really like.
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use running shoes for running and training shoes for training. You are using different angles/flexion with those programs. For training, I usually use Nike Free, Reebok Realflex or Under Armour (can't remember the model). For running, I am a mizuno girl. :-)
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    barefoot