Boobs.. Breast.. 2nd Base.

Options
So I have a question.. Will working out make boobs less saggy? I mean I have had two babies back to back and notice mine sag a lil.. Will working out make them less saggy? Sorry if its TMI.. Its just a question Ive been wanting to ask.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Building up the muscle under the breasts can help a little. Pushups, pullups, chest flies, bench presses, pretty much any strength exercises that target your pecs or upper core. Also, wearing a good supportive bra while the skin shrinks can make a big difference in the long run.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Honestly...most likely no...girl, no lie...after my first baby I swear I looked like someone on the front of National Geographic...lol. You can do specific exercises to improve your muscles but the skin won't really change :(
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You can build the muscle up underneath and around them but nothing will change the skin. 500 stitches later, mine are perfect. LOL
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been doing chest flys with 3lb weights and push ups to bring my girls up, but I know they will never be back in their pre-baby spots without surgery.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    I was hoping for a miracle responses... lol I am doing some of those exercises listed above.. My husband has already told me that if i wanted a boob job then that would be perfectly fine.. but i am very private when it comes to my ladies and don't know if i want someone cutting on them and me not knowing whats going on..lol Guess I'm paranoid.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Well, personally mine tried to kill me so I'm researching having a double mastectomy and then I will let insurance pay for me to have some perky new ones :-) I had a lumpectomy in 2010 after my diagnosis. After my surgery I had genetic testing and I have the BRCA II gene mutation so my risk for reoccurrence is very high. If I had known that prior to my lumpectomy I may have made a difference decision. Now I am seriously thinking of drastic measures to ease my mind. Living in fear every single day that it may return truly sucks. So...you do what you gotta do to make yourself feel better and if that's a boob job...GO FOR IT!!! If not...they make great push up bras :noway:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for a miracle responses... lol I am doing some of those exercises listed above.. My husband has already told me that if i wanted a boob job then that would be perfectly fine.. but i am very private when it comes to my ladies and don't know if i want someone cutting on them and me not knowing whats going on..lol Guess I'm paranoid.

I would leave them be...

Honestly, I don't think men CARE if boobs are a little saggy. I went from a 38C up to a 42DD with 3 pregnancies and a total of about 6-7 years of breastfeeding. With weight loss I am back down to a 38C...they have some sag, but they are warm and soft, and big enough for hubby to smother himself with, should he chose to. Men, in my experience, hit a time in life when they find the softer, more mature curves of a woman who has carried their child to be more appealing than anything FAKE, or the curves of a younger woman.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body responds differently - it will be depend where your weight comes off and how fast your skin tightens - the skin around my legs, butt and shoulders tightened a lot quicker then my abdomen.

I'm sure others have suggested it but building up the muscle underneath your breasts could help combat this - but I dont think you will really know until the weight comes off :(
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    um, no.
  • fervc6064
    Options
    But what about my moobs?
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above. Think it's worth trying to get it into perspective and remembering what your boobs are for - feeding your kids!

I also think that genetics will play a part in whether they will shrink/ go saggy. But definitely building the muscle behind what are, essentially, bags of fat will help.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    But what about my moobs?

Excellent first post! :flowerforyou:
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I would leave them be...

Honestly, I don't think men CARE if boobs are a little saggy. I went from a 38C up to a 42DD with 3 pregnancies and a total of about 6-7 years of breastfeeding. With weight loss I am back down to a 38C...they have some sag, but they are warm and soft, and big enough for hubby to smother himself with, should he chose to. Men, in my experience, hit a time in life when they find the softer, more mature curves of a woman who has carried their child to be more appealing than anything FAKE, or the curves of a younger woman.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    After more than a year of maintenance my boobs still sag, but the loose skin elsewhere on my upper torso has tightened up considerably. It makes a difference. A year ago that whole area of my anatomy was so loose that I had to lift each boob and arrange it in the cup, carefully tucking the loose skin in the "side boob" area under the side panels of my bra so that it didn't bunch out over the top. I don't need to do that now. I still have saggy boobs but I no longer have "rock in a sock" syndrome, if you know what I mean.