~YOGA!!!~

Options
Hi all!

So, I'm new to this whole yoga thing, and any advice I could get would be great!

I am also curious though if anyone on here has had any success with losing weight/ inches with yoga?

I really love it so far!

Replies

• JBuehrer1
    JBuehrer1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know about losing weight...but it definitely helps tone things up! And that was only doing about an hour long class once a week!

If you really want to do yoga for weight loss, I'd thing maybe a power yoga...Jillian's extreme yoga or something like that. I have that one and it is hard!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    There's a yoga group on here, check it out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1484-generic-yoga-group

Someone may have already asked your question(s).

I think any exercise that you enjoy will help you lose weight more than an exercise you do not enjoy.
  • mrsclc
    mrsclc Posts: 73
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!! :smile:
  • KpieS86
    KpieS86 Posts: 18
    Options
    I noticed that when I went to yoga 2-3 times per week, my waist cinched up. I had only been doing cardio up to that point and was not overweight, just a little muffin-y. Doing anything that works your abs will help!
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I've lost 10 inches in my waist, hips and thighs since starting Bikram in November. I practice 2-3 times a week.
  • emmacssmith
    emmacssmith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally for weight loss/cardio I do Kundalini Yoga. Its super fun and combines strength training with fast paced movement, even a little dance. It's easily adjusted for people who are just beginning, and makes your body feel AMAZING when its over!