MFP works!

Options
I have used MFP for almost one year. I lost almost 30 pounds and have kept it off. People are asking me what I did to loose the weight, since I have been under mega-stress this year, but still have managed to loose and maintain my weight. MFP has been a huge part of my success and I recommend it to anyone who needs a free, healthy way to loose weight. My doctors praise me on how I have improved my health.
I recommend that people be honest and be consistent. Try not to skip days. When I skip for too much time, I start to gain again. Trust me, it's worth the few minutes a day.
This is my first entry to the message board. I hope that it has helped someone who is new. I am a woman in my fifties, when weight is definitely an issue for most of us. Hang in there! This works!

Replies

• DSpor
    DSpor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but what does MFP stand for? Oh and Congrats on your progress!!! :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Gracie, thanks for your post! A few weeks ago, when I reached my goal, I asked if there was anyone out there who was able to keep all of their weight off for a long time. I am afraid to gain back the weight I lost and was hoping to hear some inspirational stories. Unfortunately I didn't get very many replies, so I was getting discouraged. I'm so glad to hear you say that you still log the calories and that it continues to work one year later. I will keep MFP as a friend for life! :flowerforyou:
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    Not a stupid question DSpor since it crossed my mind once:) I'm assuming it stands for MyFitnessPal. Someone let me know if I'm wrong:) Good work GracieG on your success. Thanks for the motivation:)
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    DSpor- hehehe that's funny...MFP=MyFitnessPal :tongue:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    glad that it works when staying committed
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Yup GracieG
    It works and its healthy and free :glasses: I tell anyone who asks me what is my success and I say MFP :flowerforyou: I wish I had a dollar for each person I have told ( I would be able to take a nice little trip) Glad You have had such a great out come on this site (Maybe MFP stands for My Favorite Place :bigsmile: