I'm a newbie

Options
mdorisi
mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
Hey everyone! So my boyfriend and I are trying to change our eating habits and actually exercise so that we can do more than just sit around all the time!! But yeah he's toning up more and I'm on here to lose the weight. I have quite a bit to lose. I was at 339 lbs when I began last sunday, and I'm hoping to just lose the avg. 2-3 lbs a week. I just want to actually do it. I want to start now so that by the time our wedding rolls around I don't have to stress diet to fit in a dress :D anyway! I'd love to make some more friends with people in the same boat or people that have been successful!! Stop by and say hi!

Melissa

Replies

• dhymelrn
    dhymelrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Melissa
    I just started myself and started logging in all my food and not really changing much of what I eat but the serving size because I didn't want to go over my calories......... and I lost 5#'s my first week. It is so supportive here and easy to do. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
    Denise
  • shari66
    shari66 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    You can do this!! Keeping the food journal really makes you aware of what you're eating and adjusting it. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
    Shari
  • padders
    padders Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Melissa!
    I'm a newbie like you too! Just 5 days new. I haven't lost anything as yet, but still feel so much better and in control when I jot down what I've eaten.

Good luck t'you!

Padders
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is such an easy site so keeping track of what I eat is always in front of my face! I made this my homepage so everytime I open my browser, I HAVE to think about what I've eaten or if I've exercised. So it's good but man keeping track of your calories really makes you go "OMG I WAS EATING THAT MUCH!?!?!?" so anyway thank you for all of the hello's and good luck to you all!! :)
  • ebearit17
    ebearit17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new as of today as well, but I think this site will help me be more careful of what I eat since I have to track it. But, on the other hand, I'll embarass myslef if I don't exercise at all:)

Welcome to you too, lol!
  • monkeybearinc
    Options
    Hi All

I am new to being serious about this! I need to lose weight, as I am creeping higher and higher up the scales. If anyone would like support, motivation, buddy, please feel free to send me a PM. I could do with someone keeping an eye on my weight loss and supporting me, and am happy to do the same for someone else

thank you, and GOOD LUCK!

x