Is it still breakfast when I eat it at noon?

Options
So, I have a job where I'm allowed to set my own hours, as long as I meet my production goals. I didn't rest well last night, and I stayed in bed until almost 10:00 this morning. By the time I had gotten up, showered, gotten dressed, and got ready to have my "breakfast," it was after 11:00. Lunch time.

What do you guys do when breakfast is actually lunch? How do you count it in your diaries? It was still my first meal of the day, which I ate basically as soon as I got up. I had my usual breakfast food. But then I didn't have any lunch. How do you approach this?

Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ferget that ... Where the heck do you work?! Are they hiring!

:lol:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I put it as "breakfast" because it was the first meal!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It is the meal you have to 'break the fast', and it is the meal that kicks off your metabolism for the day. I would enter it as breakfast.
  • HelloSunshine
    HelloSunshine Posts: 135
    Options

No kidding! Sign me up!!
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    Still breakfast.
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    It is the meal you have to 'break the fast', and it is the meal that kicks off your metabolism for the day. I would enter it as breakfast.

WOAH! How sad is it that I have never thought about it like that. Everything has just became so clear. lol.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you're still going to eat 3 meals today then yea, it's breakfast - if you'll end up only eating two, then I'd say you skipped breakfast and ate breakfast food for lunch. LOL

Really though, I don't think it matters where you put it in your food diary, ultimately you're just calorie counting for the entire day- right?
  • lcgibbs
    lcgibbs Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh yea, definitely breakfast! if you call it lunch, than you'll only be eating twice in the day, and it's not good to skip meals, i learned that the hard way! :)
  • lcgibbs
    lcgibbs Posts: 4
    Options

No kidding! Sign me up!!
    Oh! oh! me too!!! me too!!!!!!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would put it in as breakfast still......
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    If you're still going to eat 3 meals today then yea, it's breakfast - if you'll end up only eating two, then I'd say you skipped breakfast and ate breakfast food for lunch. LOL

Really though, I don't think it matters where you put it in your food diary, ultimately you're just calorie counting for the entire day- right?

I'm fairly new at this but I'd go with what they said. If your planning on 3 meals then make it brakfast if not lunch. Over all as my friends have told me it's about the calories, tracking and being honest.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ya, their is no set time on breakfast, with my last job I ate dinner at 9am LOL so i say first meal of the say is breakfast.
  • MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have my meals set more for general times of day than actual meals and I approach it like that... though I try and eat 6 times a day. I consider it just a way of organizing yourself and seeing your habits... when in doubt, I make a note about it in my food notes.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

WOAH! How sad is it that I have never thought about it like that. Everything has just became so clear. lol.

I had an AH-HA moment like this once...my family still hasn't let me live it down! haha
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yeah, I want that job! I agree with the rest...breakfast since it was shortly after you got up and it was your first meal! Hope you have a better nights rest!
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yeah for me breakfast is "First meal" no matter if morning, noon, afternoon, evening or night. just like Dinner is the second and evening is the third.. i don't go after times because my rhythm is way more different than what most call 'normal' so the rules like "don't eat after 6" and stuff do not apply. *g*
  • megihal
    megihal Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a similar work situation (medical transcription at home) and have found that going into settings and changing my categories to say 7am-11am, 11am-4pm, 4pm-7pm, and after 7pm! works great for me. I also like it because I can see what I ate after 7pm-my weakest time!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yeah for me breakfast is "First meal" no matter if morning, noon, afternoon, evening or night. just like Dinner is the second and evening is the third.. i don't go after times because my rhythm is way more different than what most call 'normal' so the rules like "don't eat after 6" and stuff do not apply. *g*
    Was just going to say the very same thing as Jess just did. :wink: First meal of the day, so it's Breakfast:drinker: :happy:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My hubby also works funky hours so i renamed his meals as blocks of time rather than "meals" That might help w/ the confusion.
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, I say breakfast, however my doctor just told me thought I also do that (have breakfast between 12pm-2pm) which also meant I was having dinner at 10pm...She said I had to stop eating by 7pm. WOW but she explained it's importance. It is tough b/c my body wants to do what it is use to but I am working on changing that. SO... YES BREAKFAST ALL THE WAY :-)