Sick and trying to exercise....

Options
tabika05
tabika05 Posts: 34 Member
Hello Everyone =)

I have been sick all week, it's not atrocious but I can't really work out since I have a fever/cold and it's super frustrating. I've mostly been drinking fruit drinks and eating salads because I'm really not hungry but I'm so worried that I won't be up to par next week to work out.

Any suggestions for getting back on track after being sick?

(I have been working all week too and I have active jobs--chasing children around a park all day and bartending on my feet eight hours a night. )

Help! :cry:

Replies

• MariRuiz24
    MariRuiz24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but you are burning calories all day and the fact that you are not eat much would help you keep your calories low. Sounds like you are still eating health and I would not worry too much about the exercise. What you need is rest so your body can heal faster and you will better at the end of this cold.

I was in the same boat for about a week with Strep. Could not eat as much and hated the fact that I could not exercising but I still lost some weight. Take it easy for now...stress is not good for anyone. : )
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been sick for 2 weeks with a dreadful cough and cold and was worried about all the cough syrup I was taking ( I was literally drinking the stuff) I have done nothing but rest my body until the last few days, Ive been feeling stronger and pottering around the house and I have still lost 4 lb this last 2 weeks so I wouldnt worry too much, you will catch back up anyways. gonna try a 10 mile bike ride now, it'll probably kill me ;)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Just let your body get better for now. Add exercise as you feel like it.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about getting back to exercise. The short-term detraining that will occur (unfortunately, yes it will), will reverse itself relatively quickly once you get back into it. You may feel like "OMG, what happened" the first 1-2 workouts (or maybe not), but, as I said, it's a relatively short-term effect.

Just don't try to make it all up when you go back to exercise.