any P90Xers??

Options
I am a runner but also cross training w/ P90x. I take one day a week off but have hit another plateau.
Is another calorie cut warranted? I feel like I need to eat to fuel for my runs...

Replies

• jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been running 3 miles a day while doing P90X/Insanity with 1 day a week off.

What does your current meal plan look like on an average day?
  • TCoff1972
    TCoff1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of my third week with P90X. What week are you on? Are you following the nutrition plan for your stage/phase?

Have you tried to get a coach? They are usually up to date on nutrition.

I don't run, so it is hard for me to say what you need for that, but it doesn't seem like it would be a lot different from the energy you need for the P90X workouts, which, as you know, can be brutal.

Good luck!
  • jrompola
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 8 this Sunday. I'm following the fat shredder stage(1800-1900) calories till I'm down to what a healthy weight would be.

I've been doing that and running and it has worked for me.

I'm using a coach...are you guys?
  • linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    I have not used a Coach..@ Beachbody? Is that where you got Coaches? Am currently
    doing 1500 cals. 40% carbs. Have lost about 15, another 15 at least to go... 20 would be better. :)
    I am on round 2 of P90x... started in Sept. Did not do it as faithfully as I am now.
    I hate it... but I love it... Kenpo is my fave
  • jrompola
    Options
    That is 1 place you can get them, but they randomly assign you to one once you sign up. I did a little research after being assigned one who did not even send me 1 msg.
  • TCoff1972
    TCoff1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can Google +Team +P90X and see a lot of self titled teams.

I do not have a coach, but I am thinking about adding Coach Wayne from Team Ripped as mine.

His wife is also a coach.

http://teamripped.com/join-my-team/
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can request to change your coach - you'd need to find one you liked and get their ID number and contact customer service.

I'm a BB coach - but we are not "coaches" in the trained sense, they use that term because we're there to provide support and motivation. We're able to help with information in your nutrition guide and relay the experiences others have shared with us - but that's it unless you happen to find one that is also a certified nutritionist - and there are some out there. If you poke around the BB forums you should be able to find them.

From what I've seen from others on these forums and on the BB forums when you hit a plateau it is time to take a look at your diet and exercise. If you've plateau'd you may need to either increase or decrease your calories (whichever you choose try it for a few weeks and see, then if it isn't working change it). Since you're also running you could try to incorporate some interval runs (if you haven't already), or hill workouts just to shake up your routine a bit and give your body some variety.

Hope that helps! enjoy the rest of P90X - I'm halfway through week 9 :)