Question about MFP recalculation after losing another 10 pou

Options
I've lost over 20 pounds, so I've gotten a message from MFP asking if I'd like to reset my calorie goals twice now. I click yes every time, but MFP doesn't seem to be changing anything. Is this because I've got a lot to lose or something? Would it have changed if I had, let's say, only 40 pounds to lose instead of like 170? Or is MFP screwing up here?

Replies

• woody717
    woody717 Posts: 5
    Options
    It's reseting your calorie goal, depending on what it is and how close you are to 1200 calories per day it will be less than 100 calories changed. I actually manually reset mine every five lbs lost.

-Woody
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It's not resetting it though. Every thing is the same. 1500 calories, 50 grams of fat, etc, etc. etc.
  • AmyLynn4321
    AmyLynn4321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always wander the same thing. It always asks but nothing ever changes.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You have to co it yourself, here's how: go back to the "Goals" tab. That's where you first went to create your weight loss plan. Then run through it as if you are creating your gols for the first time, until it brings you to the page that shows your current weight, your goal weight, your activity levet etc. If nothing has changed and you want to keep losing at the pace you've been going, and your lifestyle & execise patterns are the same, just click on "update profile" and it will recalculate your daily calorie goal.

I lost 70 calories per day for every 5 pounds I lost :grumble: Oh well, I guess that's a good problem to have! :bigsmile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    You have to co it yourself, here's how: go back to the "Goals" tab. That's where you first went to create your weight loss plan. Then run through it as if you are creating your gols for the first time, until it brings you to the page that shows your current weight, your goal weight, your activity levet etc. If nothing has changed and you want to keep losing at the pace you've been going, and your lifestyle & execise patterns are the same, just click on "update profile" and it will recalculate your daily calorie goal.

I lost 70 calories per day for every 5 pounds I lost :grumble: Oh well, I guess that's a good problem to have! :bigsmile:

This is true. The pop up is just a reminder to go to the goals and do it. Good luck!
  • xonophone
    Options

This is true. The pop up is just a reminder to go to the goals and do it. Good luck!

I have a question, but not about your plan...how do you get those little quotes and thing on your signature after your ticker? I love reading everyone's quotes but haven't figured out how to put it on my profile.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

I have a question, but not about your plan...how do you get those little quotes and thing on your signature after your ticker? I love reading everyone's quotes but haven't figured out how to put it on my profile.

Go to the top of this page where it says "signature" and click. You should get a box to type in. Let me know if you need more help!
  • xonophone
    Options

Go to the top of this page where it says "signature" and click. You should get a box to type in. Let me know if you need more help!

got it, thanks! Now to think of something clever to say...
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile: