Jillian Michael's workouts question

Options
Hey all. I've restarted the 30 day shred and really enjoying it
But I'm wondering where to go when it's done
how do the other ones compare? Specifically
Ripped in 30
Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and
No More Trouble Zones

How do they compare in difficulty/effectiveness/aims?

Look forward to your replies

Replies

• Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I loved 30DS. I haven't done the workouts you mentioned below but i plan on doing the ripped in 30 in near future. I am currently doing Jillian's 6 week, 6 pack. I am moving into week 4 and I can see a good difference in firmness and a little definition. I did not have any when I started. It also works your arms too. I also like her kickboxing, there's a level for arms, legs, and core.

Good luck on your next video.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The other dvds are longer- about 45 minutes i believe. Boost metabolism is mostly cardio if i remember correctly, i havent done it in a long time. I think any of them would work as a follow up to the 30ds.
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is very similar to 30 Day Shred, slightly harder workout in my opinion. Same length of time, same 3-2-1 concept, it just seems harder.
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is free on Youtube. Longer-about 55 minutes, no weights, a great cardio workout in my opinion.
    I have No More Trouble Zones but havent tried it yet.
    My lower body is my problem area, so I have Killer Buns and Thighs. Great workout, no weights unless you are advanced.
    My plan for February is to alternate No More Trouble Zones and Killer Buns and Thighs on the days I have time to do longer workouts, and either 30DS or RI30 on days I dont. Pretty sure this combination will get me ripped :)
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can always do her Body Revolution. It is awesome and a great program for the price for 15 workouts.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I rotate between Ripped in 30, her kickboxing one, Shred it with Weights, and 6 week 6 pack throughout the week. The kickboxing ones are only about 18-20 minutes. The other ones I mentioned are about 25-30 minutes each. My routine is to run 3x a week and do her videos 3x a week. So I do one of her longer ones (RI30, Shred w/ Weights or 6 pack) then I will also do one of her kickboxing ones right after. Doing that makes my workout around 42-50 minutes. I really like her videos. I haven't tried her other ones, except 30DS.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the same thing too. I still got a while till I am finish with the 30DS. I am on the 6th day on the level 1. But I been thinking about what one to do next.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30: is very similar to 30DS. It is a little bit longer, but by less than five minutes. I think it is just a tab bit more challenging, but I like it more than 30DS. It also has four workout, instead of three.

BFBM - 45ish minutes of cardio. I have a hard time staying commited to this full DVD. It is broke up in circuits. So you can either complete the whole workout or one circuit at a time. I complete a few here and there to make my workouts an exact 30 minutes or an hour.

NMTZ: Same concept of BFBM except it is strength training.
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism ...
    I finished my 30ds last week and started on this one
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks got all the replies. Unfortunately most of her workouts are.not available in the UK but I'll try the.ones that are. Really good advice here,.thanks
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am going to trade with my friend for 30 day ripped when I am done with the Shred. I also want to try the kickboxing.
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is a 45-minute workout based on weights and specific muscle-targeting bodyweight movements. Very good for challenging your entire body without any joint-slamming cardio.

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is a 45-minute cardio workout. It's a definite step up in terms of heart rate from 30DS.

Ripped in 30 is very similar to 30DS. If you're looking for something new, maybe set this one aside and come back to it later.

I have also used Killer Buns and Thighs (dear lord, oh the pain) which consists of 3 levels of 30-minute lower-body targeting workouts. A nice video to include is Yoga Meltdown, which has 2 levels of 30-minute workouts involving variations on yoga moves in order to make them slightly more cardio-oriented. That one is particularly good for flexibility and, while it's not quite as challenging as the others, is still a fun and worthwhile video.
  • yvonneseage
    Options
    I was wondering aobut the Yoga one, will have a look for it. Thanks
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is great, I really like it and feel like I get a great workout out of it!

I also like Yoga Meltdown for my "take it easier days" (haha, it's challenging!)

Just ordered Ripped in 30 and am considering Body Revolution.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I loved 30DS. I haven't done the workouts you mentioned below but i plan on doing the ripped in 30 in near future. I am currently doing Jillian's 6 week, 6 pack. I am moving into week 4 and I can see a good difference in firmness and a little definition. I did not have any when I started. It also works your arms too. I also like her kickboxing, there's a level for arms, legs, and core.

Good luck on your next video.

I sent you an invite to my group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11653-6-week-6-pack-who-is-with-me
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I rotate between Ripped in 30, her kickboxing one, Shred it with Weights, and 6 week 6 pack throughout the week. The kickboxing ones are only about 18-20 minutes. The other ones I mentioned are about 25-30 minutes each. My routine is to run 3x a week and do her videos 3x a week. So I do one of her longer ones (RI30, Shred w/ Weights or 6 pack) then I will also do one of her kickboxing ones right after. Doing that makes my workout around 42-50 minutes. I really like her videos. I haven't tried her other ones, except 30DS.
    [/quote

I invited you to my group, too. I have done the 30 Day Shred and currently doing 6w6p and enjoying that. I am thinking of mixing that up with Yoga Meltdown.
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Several of her videos are available on YouTube. Just search for Jillian Michaels. Yoga Meltdown Level 1 is there, as is the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Have fun!
  • yvonneseage
    Options
    thanks for the group invite but I've decided to do ripped after shredded, so won't be doing the 6 weeks abb one