Calories lost on 30 day shred

Options
Can anyone advise roughly how many calories to put into my diary for
doing the 30 minute shred level 1. I've started it today am now aching
so about to have a nice soak in the bath:-))

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    before i got my HRM i logged it under circuit training for 20 minutes
  • jersgirl060606
    jersgirl060606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 level 2 now. With my HRM, I have been anywhere between 165-205 for 28 minutes.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Level 1 I usually burned about 280-312 on my HRM.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Can anyone advise roughly how many calories to put into my diary for
    doing the 30 minute shred level 1. I've started it today am now aching
    so about to have a nice soak in the bath:-))

Calories burned depend on your body weight and intensity of the workout, so nobody can/should give a "number" to log in your diary. If you don’t have a heart rate monitor (HRM), just go to the cardio section and either enter it as "circuit training" or as "calisthenics vigorous," for the length of time that you exercised.
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting an HRM because depending on your weight, height, etc., and also your intensity during the workout can determine what you actually burn. You may burn more or less than others posting.
  • mommamills
    Options
    obviously you can see that the BEST way to know is to have a HRM but since you asked for an ESTIMATION....I think I can help :wink:

Last night I burned right at 200 on Level 1. I'm about 5'2" and 166#....so you can guestimate from there but I would say anywhere between 180-230 would be fairly accurate for a guess.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0' and 151 pounds. I finished 30DS about 2 weeks ago. On each level, my calories burned would vary, generally staying between 165 and 195 (approx) per my HRM.
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    using my HRM on level 1 I usually burn between 210-225 calories in 28 min, I'm 5ft 4 and roughly 138 pounds
  • Millie2045
    Options
    Hi thanks for all your help I am 5ft6 weigh 162lbs. I've put in 100 for now but will
    get a HRM next pay day
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    The "circuit training -general" was usually about right when compared to my HRM. Ha ha! I remember the pain I was in!
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    There are some calorie burning calculators out on the internet that factor in current weight, height, average heart rate during exercise and the duration. I took the formulas and built my own spreadsheet that I use to calculate things like that. The calculations are usually quite a bit less than MFP calculates ... but I feel better about them because they account for my personal level of exertion based on HR.

In case you're interested ... here's the formula

=((AvgHR*0.4472)-(Weight*0.05741)+(Age*0.074) - 20.4022)*(Minutes of exercise/4.184)
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and 216lbs, 29 years old, and on my HRM it said 267, but I usually take 75% of that, so I log it at about 200 calories.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It all completely depends on your body. So whatever stats you have will determine your loss. I put mine in under circuit training for 25 min and it says I lose 219. I'm 5'5 and 145 pounds.