Need alcohol drink

Options
jillcwhite
jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
I know I should stay away from the bars! Every once in a while I like to go out and have drinks. My problem is I dont know what the calories are in most the fun or mixed drinks. I stay away from tequila because it gives me a headache, but am open to most alcohol drinks.

I also know I should drink water between drinks, but dont usually want to run to the bathroom all night :)

Any suggestions on a alcohlic drink that won't add hundreds of calories to my diet.

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet sprite or 7 up! Deee-lish!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Cherry Vodka and Soda Water is the last one I was told about
  • skaal006
    skaal006 Posts: 16
    Options
    Captain Morgan and diet coke, it's so good and the rum has 60 calories per 1 oz shot.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Jack & diet coke - 1 oz 65 calories - :drinker:
  • fatabsman
    fatabsman Posts: 1
    Options
    tanqeray gin and diet tonic (optional lime, and mint)
  • vfrasier
    vfrasier Posts: 3
    Options
    I forced myself to drink scotch and soda with lemon a long time ago. Not any carbs, and no hangover. I also drink vodka and soda with live. Moderation is the answer, and when you don't drink the sweet stuff, you can have more alcohol. It really doesnt taste bad if you have enough lemon or lime in it.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    If they have diet tonic the Gin and (diet) tonic works well... otherwise I ask what diet options they have and go from there. Diet coke and rum is generally a safe bet. I try to drink one zero calorie drink between each alcoholic drink. I'll have a rum and diet coke, then a LARGE diet coke, then another rum and coke.

If I'm drinking beer I start with a large water, then drink a pint or a bottle (NOT a tall) then another big water. Watch out for FOOD! When I drink I think "oh gosh, I shouldn't do this on an empty stomach... what can I eat?" Keeping a few crisp green apples in your bag is a good idea to help prevent the appearance of wings or pizza!
  • klstanle
    klstanle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This was on the menu at Champ's (Sports bar) last night:

SKINNY COSMO
    A refreshing cocktail with only 109 calories and 3g carbs! Made with Smirnoff Orange Vodka, diet cranberry juice and fresh lime juice, this treat has all the flavor you're looking for, without the guilt.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    I drink lime vodka and diet tonic. The vodka only has 69 calories per 1 oz serving and the diet tonic is 0 everything! Keep in mind that an average shot glass is 1.5 oz!
  • patelt
    patelt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i luv bombay saphire gin with slimline tonic with ice and slice of lime, delicous, i think its only 56 cals.................my other tipple is champers, think this is 125cals......................i belive in everthing in moderation just count it in you food diary. enjoy your night out
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    well if i still drank, which NO WAY cause it caused me too many problems LOL----i would have a vodka and grapefruit juice or 30, see why i don't drink anymore. have a successful day! :laugh: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    I drink lime vodka and diet tonic. The vodka only has 69 calories per 1 oz serving and the diet tonic is 0 everything! Keep in mind that an average shot glass is 1.5 oz!

Correction: I just search again and I found different information on flavored vodka. The daily plate list 89 calories and 1.2 carbs for Smirnoff Twist of lime vodka!

So stick with unflavored vodka
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i pretty much stick to vodka and diet soda. Or maybe a vodka and cranberry but ONLY if the juice is 100% juice, not one of those sugar-packed mixtures.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    malibu rum + diet is 60 cals of coconutty yummyness :)
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you - Thank you!! I wrote all the suggestions down on a magnet list for my frig. Looking forward to the next weekend and cocktails :) Enjoy life!