calorie dense foods?

Options
My food diary is open.

I realise I need to up my calories and I need some calorie dense food suggestions as I tend to stick to three meals a day as I feel full easily and therefore tend not to snack. (I tried to snack today but it has just left me feeling sick). I'm vegetarian, I already eat a lot of peanutbutter, I don't really like rice or pasta.

If you have any suggestions please send them my way!
(I also realise my food diary is lacking fresh foods this week but I'm a student and was using the rest of the things I have before going home tomorrow). Thankyou!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Humous, falafel, nuts and cheese.
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Avocado, bananas, coconut oil
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Olives, nuts, nut butters other than peanut, avacado?, cheeses (I usually throw a mini baby bel Gouda in my lunch bag every day for a mid morning snack)
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would consider Rice and Potatoes pretty calorie dense for a vegetarian. Use more olive oil and definitely nuts
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I definately would suggest tracking your sugar intake as what I am seeing may contain alot of refined sugar. I agree with the previous posts of nuts, avacado, what about oatmeal? Cheeses are good, cottage cheese, raw veggies and hummus. Snack crackers like Kashi are all natural and lower in sodium and sugar.
  • Scoopers804
    Options
    A quick search gave me this information: Almonds 162 calories per ounce. Also, dark chocolate is about 153 calories per ounce, but I'm not sure you want chocolate. So maybe, almond butter as well as peanut butter? Or an ounce or two just to snack on throughout the day?
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!! You can do so many things with it. Add some craisins or apples to it; add some brown sugar for a sweet tooth, or add some cinnamon to keep it simple. Ive even added some pears and mixed in a little chai tea with water and milk.