Arm Toning Exercises For People Who've Lost 100 pounds?

Options
Hey everybody! I just had a quick question on arm toning. Since losing almost 90 pounds in the last year and half... I'm trying to get my arms toned so it isn't OBVIOUS I've lost so much weight. At the moment, they sag a little bit... Are there any specific exercises that everybody knows that could help me with this problem? I do the 30 day shred workout and try to get to the gym (it's on my exercise schedule for every Tuesday and Wednesday) and our gym has every piece of equipment out there. Any machines I should focus on?

I have a bunch of weddings to go to this spring/summer and have to wear dresses... so I'm hoping I can get my arms into shape by then!

Replies

• kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    TRI-CEP DIPS HUN...Im guessing that you have the problem most ladies do which is the back of the arm?
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    YEP! It's that disgusting little flab that sags when you hold your arms out! Back of the arms!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    YEP! It's that disgusting little flab that sags when you hold your arms out! Back of the arms!

i call that my hello and goodbye. when i raise my arm it waves hello and goodbye to everyone.
  • JBG1987
    JBG1987 Posts: 71
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5. There is a group on here for women and it rocks.
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Lol It's terrible... And the more weight I lose... The more noticeable it's gotten! I'm try keeping up with the strength training and circuit training. It's gotten better for sure... but not quite enough. I'm only 22, so I should be able to have it bounce back. EVENTUALLY.... HOPEFULLY!
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I need some good exercises too! I was doing Zumba the other night, and there was a part where you hold your arms straight out... I looked like some kind of bat lady.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5. There is a group on here for women and it rocks.

Agreed!

Compound lifting will give you a lot of bang for your fitness buck.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    Bench dips (you can use a chair, or any piece of furniture that is low enough to the floor)
    French press (this is one of my favorite)
    tricep pushdowns
    Dips (these are really difficult but so worth it)