HRM, was thinking about getting the POLAR

Options
I see a lot of people on here mentioning the Polar HRM. Which one is the best to get? don't know too much about them as I have never used one before.

thanks!

Replies

• es214
    es214 Posts: 41
    Options
    I had the same question last week, did a lot of reading and decided to go with the polar FT7...

I had so many problems with it at first. It kept saying it couldn't read my HR.. posted a thread.. got some help.. so I got the electrode gel and changed the faulty batteries..

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had the same question last week, did a lot of reading and decided to go with the polar FT7...

I had so many problems with it at first. It kept saying it couldn't read my HR.. posted a thread.. got some help.. so I got the electrode gel and changed the faulty batteries..

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

ok so we need that gel? cuz i saw amazon reccomends buying those items together , but i was like, why do i need that *kitten* haha

does it come with a chest strap?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I've never used the gel, just water and it works fine. The HRM comes with the watch and chest strap.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The POLAR is a great device! I am understanding much better how to exercise and how my body works. I bought a FT60 model. I am currently following the training program designed specifically for me and week by week is getting harder....
    I advice to any who want to buy it, definitely do, you will enjoy it as much as I am right now...
  • es214
    es214 Posts: 41
    Options
    Yeah, it came with a chest strap, but read the description part just to be on the safe side! I only used mine one day and I am so in love with it. I felt so cool jogging and glancing at my wrist to check my HR/Time/Cal burned.

:)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. I don't use any gel, water works just fine for me!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Go on their website and do a product comparison to see what fits your needs.

I have the FT7 and have never needed a gel.
  • suepie12000
    suepie12000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also bought the FA60 a couple of weeks ago and although I haven't done a great deal with it yet, that what I have done is very satisfactory. I just use water too. The only set back was that my watch kept bleeping while I was at work and people were wondering where it was coming from which reminds me to have a look and maybe turn off the sound! Good buy though! :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00614450000P
    I ordered this one, its suppose to be delivered today, i have yet to hear a bad reveiw, and its only $45, normally $90

Also 2 of my MFP friends ordered it and got it already, they love it
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I also bought the FA60 a couple of weeks ago and although I haven't done a great deal with it yet, that what I have done is very satisfactory. I just use water too. The only set back was that my watch kept bleeping while I was at work and people were wondering where it was coming from which reminds me to have a look and maybe turn off the sound! Good buy though! :smile:

Why would you wear it at work? Just as a time piece?
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have the ft4 and love love love it!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00614450000P
    I ordered this one, its suppose to be delivered today, i have yet to hear a bad reveiw, and its only $45, normally $90

Also 2 of my MFP friends ordered it and got it already, they love it

man that is such a good deal! ty!
    i wish they had a different color tho haha
    i think i am gonna pay a lil more and get it on amazon just because i dont like that color lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,120 Member
    Options

Why would you wear it at work? Just as a time piece?

Yeah, HRMs are not meant to be worn as a daily energy expenditure measuring device. They are only useful for sustained cardio/aerobic exercise.
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    I was looking for the best HRM on consumer reports. It gave TIMEX zone trainer digital heart rate monitor. Going for 75 dollars or less. 92% rating. Highest score. Think I'm gonna get that!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4...... LOVE IT!!!!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I looove it. Didn't buy the gel either...I just wet the strap like it says to do and I've never had an issue with it not reading my heart rate. The batteries do die really fast if you use it a lot though, that's my only gripe.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    BFL
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've never used the gel, just water and it works fine. The HRM comes with the watch and chest strap.

This. And the strap is actually amazingly comfortable.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I was short on money and not sure how much use I'd get out of a HRM so I bought a new Polar FS2 from ebay for £20. It came with a chest strap which I just dampen under the tap before putting it on and its fab. I even wear mine to go swimming under my costume. Had it for over a year now and its been worth every penny!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, it comes w/ a chest strap and snap on monitor. It is easy to use and I haven't had to use whatever electrode gel was mentioned. Never had a problem w/ mine!