Doctors Orders!

Options
Hi! I am new and heavier than I am allowed to be by my job!!! I am at a critical junction in my carreer and MUST drop weight. I have been trying, but keep gaining. So, I went :cry: crying to my doctor yesterday and besides the usual blood work, she has placed me on medication and am now under her orders to use MFP (Yes, MFP mods...doctors are aware of you and are encouraging their patients to use your site!) I am still trying to figure out the website and the mobile app. I will get it, it will just take me a little bit o' time.

About me: (after all, who doesn't like to talk about themselves!) I am 39, looking down the barrell at 40... :tongue: I have at least 50 lbs to lose and need motivation and encouragement. I HAVE to get out of the Dirty Thirty's so I can be Fit and Fab at 40! I have lost this much weight before, but between injury and surgery I gained it ALL back (almost half of it in the past 6 months!!!). I no longer have 4-5 hours a day to be exercising or marching around with a 50 lb ruck on my back.

I am a mother of 2 - a Marine and a teenage daughter - both of whom know EVERYTHING - except how to motivate their mom. I am a bit crazy, love to work out, but have trouble getting started sometimes. I have a DH of 19 years. We have the perfect relationship, especially when it comes to weight loss/gain. (What he has lost, I have gained - no questions asked). I eat healthier than he does... I love fish, chicken and salads...he likes steak, ground beef, grilled beef and a little pork - with potatoes and pasta thrown in. The only veggie he eats is Corn.

Anyway, I am looking for folks who are fun-loving, a bit goofy and are super busy like I am to help me stay on track. I am willing to help motivate, tackle challenges and celebrate victories. Hope I find someone!

C

Replies

• imjenjen00
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm a newbie here as well. Feel free to friend me! Where are ya from?
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and welcome to MFP. I love it!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. Best of luck and you can do it! :)
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome please feel free to add me anytime I'm still working on my hubby to come on here and start losing the weight as well lol
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im 37 yrs old here and have 80 lbs to lose.. Anyone can add me if they want to..... I love having friends to talk to and share stories with
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Happy to motivate!
    Good luck and you will lose the weight.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hi you can add me too Im a yo yo dieter too any of you can add me if you want the more the merrier I always say!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! I am glad to hear that Doctors are becoming Aware of sites like this and of the (in My Opinion) Critical Need for us to Stay or Get Active as we get older. Be patient and ask Questions when you need to. You will figure out the Technicalities in No Time!
  • DJRichCT
    DJRichCT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, anyone can! I've lost over 130 pounds (81 from MyFitnessPal) in a little over a year. It's hard work, but I think the important thing to remember is that there is no easy way to weight loss. You need to eat sensibly and exercise. For myself, I cut out all sweets like candy, etc. and increased my time on the treadmill to an hour for five days a week. Weight loss, at least for me, requires a lifestyle change, rather than just a temporary diet. Good luck to you all. I know you can do it!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have also been told by my doctor that I should lose some weight. Cholesterol and Blood pressure is her main concern. It can be done. I am finding that using the forums does help keep you on track.

Good luck!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope that MFP is as good for you as it has been for me :) Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • finyin
    finyin Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome, pretty new myself. In a month, have seen me stick to my nutrition plan AND exceed calories a few times. Slows weight loss but 11 off so far. You can change at your own speed. It's so hard to lie to myself about what I eat when I treat MFP as "truth serum"; that helps. I hadn't been able to lose weight with just "motivation" and balked at group meeting plans and buying pre-made food plans. This has been the best. Am holding off seeing my doc until the end of Feb; I think my B/P will be better by then : )