Crazy College Nights...and days

MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
Hey everyone! I was going through some old pictures to find something for Throwback Thursday and stumbled upon the following gem!

scan0006_zps2a5078d6.jpg

My friends and I had some sticky fingers back then...and guts...we "acquired" items such as a life size magnetic puzzle of Captain Morgan and a furry bar stool from a bar in Daytona beach...but this was by far my favorite! I went to Clemson University and one afternoon my boyfriend at the time and I were driving down the road and I noticed that this sign had been taken down for road construction. I made him pull over so I could take it...in broad daylight! I mean, what Clemson student wouldn't risk arrest for the sign for the intersection of College Avenue and Tiger Boulevard!? I managed to keep it for a couple of years. One night we had a party and it was hanging from a beam in our ceiling and the cops came and asked where we got it. I quickly said, "it was here when we moved in." They took it.

So...there you have it...tell me about fun things you "acquired" on a crazy night...or day!

Edit...don't ask me what was going on with my hair in this picture.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    Gah...was hoping I wasn't the only person who used to steal signs when I was younger...
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    While I do not have photographic evidence to share, trust me - You are not the only one.... Not sure what I found so appealing about road signs, but I definitely stole a few in my day!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Ya know those HUGE American flags? Got one. Long story short...two bottles of tequila, winter, a COLD *kitten* flagpole at a gas station, a 50 foot or so climb, bolt cutters...whalla. This picture was around that time. Think I was 18.

399911_2651658292354_1139462399_n.jpg
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    when my bf lived down at purdue they stole signs all the time. their whole living room was decorated in them. one time, one of his roommate's moms said "where did you get that??" to which he replied "uhhh....looks like the corner of grand ave and 175th" lol!

they also had a huge homer simpson that they stole off the window of blockbuster in the middle of the night.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    I stopped stealing when I was in like 6th grade. I did a lot of other things to cause trouble instead.
  • MB_Positif
    I stopped stealing when I was in like 6th grade. I did a lot of other things to cause trouble instead.

I had very VERY overprotective parents, I was a late bloomer on causing trouble :)
  • MB_Positif
    when my bf lived down at purdue they stole signs all the time. their whole living room was decorated in them. one time, one of his roommate's moms said "where did you get that??" to which he replied "uhhh....looks like the corner of grand ave and 175th" lol!

they also had a huge homer simpson that they stole off the window of blockbuster in the middle of the night.

awesome!
  • MB_Positif
    Ya know those HUGE American flags? Got one. Long story short...two bottles of tequila, winter, a COLD *kitten* flagpole at a gas station, a 50 foot or so climb, bolt cutters...whalla. This picture was around that time. Think I was 18.

Impressive!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    I had friends that loved street signs too :) But friends and I were little ****s that stole vw and mercede logos because they looked like peace signs and because we thought we were hippies. Some of my guy friends would steal hub caps. o_O We were like 13 and 14 at the time....little ****s is what we were! We had way too much parental freedom. :( It was kind of sad.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    I missed out on the whole college/dorm living experience... went thru Cosmetology school immediately after graduating High School and havent looked back... though we did have some crazy fun moments in Cosmo school.. and a ****-ton of drama lol
  • MB_Positif
    I missed out on the whole college/dorm living experience... went thru Cosmetology school immediately after graduating High School and havent looked back... though we did have some crazy fun moments in Cosmo school.. and a ****-ton of drama lol

I realized after I made the post that lots of people probably did a lot of the same stuff but didn't go to college. ALL stories are welcome!