My story!

Options
Hi my name is Tayler, and i am looking to loose 60lbs to loose my weight loss goals for the summer. Im 22 yrs old I have started my journey January 3rd 2013. It began with my shopping with my much smaller (and FIT) grandmother for jeans for christmas. I haven't bought jeans in a couple of years and assumed i was still a size 20. Needless to say i am according to my lower half. But according to my waist...i may be a 22-24....I was devastated looking in the dressing room mirror at my body :sad: . Its been awhile since Ive seen myself in a full length mirror in my underwear.

Needless to say i refused to go up a size....my grandmother asked if she could just give me money instead so i could come back and shop alone. NO! At that moment i told her to take me to the local fitness boot camp and sign me up! She paid off 6 months of classes :bigsmile: ! I am so thankful...and i am ready! So far i have lost 10 lbs and I'm continuing to strive to loose more!

I'm looking for friends who are as determined as i am to help stay focused and to encourage each other! I know how hard it is. Sad that it took me this long to finally have my moment, but i did. And now I'm doing something about it! :smile:

Replies

• leaellenj
    Options
    Good for you for committing to make a change! You've got a great grandmother it sounds like too. =)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wow good for you, you can add me
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Good luck on your journey! We are all here to help each other

If you need recipes or tips, anything really you can check out my blog

http://feelgreatmotivate.wordpress.com/

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful idea to ask your grandmother for Fitness Boot Camps instead of clothes! I'm sure that's additional motivation that she's suporting you through this.

I hope next year's Christmas present will be new clothes in a smaller size!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Yay! You're amazing for choosing your health over materialistic things such as clothes. Once you drop some lbs you can reward yourself with new items :) Although I do believe that unconditional love is important and you should take care of yourself at any size. Ill add you!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I am 40 pounds away from my goal weight
  • shakelia84
    shakelia84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • greenlizardfreak
    greenlizardfreak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Keep up the great work and keep your focus! you are a great inspiration to me! I have been wanting to take a group class somewhere but have had a huge self esteem issue afraid people would look at me and i just have been working out at the house until i feel like i can face a group of people to exercise with! But YOU GO GIRL!! :-)
  • NewIve
    NewIve Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!! I hear those boot camp classes are no joke!! Add me if you'd ike.. 30yr old female here!!
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I just posted on my blog about clothes shopping with my wife! You should friend her, her name is ddlosingweight.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Good for you!

I understand where you are coming from, I turn my back to the mirror when I get out of the shower I can't stand to see myself, feel free to add me.
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been exactly where you are! It was crushing for when I could get on a roller coaster when I was 18. That alone has made me keep myself from letting it go that far ever again. Add me if you want!
  • FitandTrim2013
    FitandTrim2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me