My Success Story

Options
Hello all I am new to MFP but not new to diet and exercise. Nine months ago I weighed 260 pounds I started on my own and got down to 223. I then started using Lose-it app on my Itouch. I got down to 183 pounds. Just two days ago I discovered MFP which is hands down better than Lose-it but I don't have anything bad to say about Lose-it either.

So my Ticker shows only 2 pounds of loss on MFP but that's OK. Anyways I cant wait for there to be a stand alone version of MFP so I can use it on my Itouch anytime. I hope the database will be just as good with constant updates like a anti virus program.

So here are some pics of my transformation........OK Someone tell me how to post pics on here and I will post the before and after shots.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!

to post pictures, use a photo uploading site (like Photobucket) and copy/paste the IMG code in here. You have to make sure the code is lowercase, I believe.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! Glad to have you join our MFP family. This is an amazing site!!
    Can't wait to see your pics. Amy_B is right, you'll need to use Photobucket or something similar so you can copy/paste the codes over here. Good luck!!

Tina
  • trollorbust
    trollorbust Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats Great... You know that you can go in and add your starting wt in and the date.. good luck!
  • colbycurtis
    Options
    OK Figured it out. Check this out. I used to take blood pressure medicine, Zocor and had to sleep at an angle with a CPAP machine. I no longer take any meds or sleep with a machine and can sleep any way I want. When I started all I could do is 15 minutes on level one of the elliptical Now I have ran 366 miles with the Nike+. My longest run is 6.22 miles.

OK Enough talk here is the pics.

th_Panorama2.jpg
    Newestpanoramar.jpg
    Panorama3.jpg
    P1.jpg

And here is Present day with my daughter and her JROTC dinner.

colbyandcara3.jpg

Why is this not working argghhh

I GIVE UP. If you want to see them look me up on Facebook same name on there. Or I will try to add them to my profile on here.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, everyone seems to have problems loading pictures!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    WOW......What a transformation! You look so much younger! :happy:
  • colbycurtis
    Options
    WOW......What a transformation! You look so much younger! :happy:

So you can see the pics on here? Because on my PC they don't show up. I get those photobucket squares.
  • MadHatR5
    MadHatR5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great to see you found MFP. I started on LoseIt! too and don't have anything bad to say about it. Just like MFP much much better.

As far as a stand-alone-version for your iTouch, they are getting ready to submit it to Apple soon. I am currently using the stand-alone Beta version and it works great! Database is a little smaller, but hasn't been a problem for me yet.
    If you want to know more about it, read the update at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike

As far as posting pictures, I think the trick is www.link.com where http://www.link.com is the link to your photos. I have seen others have problems with Photobucket, but I'm not sure, I haven't used it.

Good luck and keep it up!
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can't see pics, just photo bucket squares.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I looked at the pictures in your profile as they are not showing up for me either and I have to say, you look GREAT!!!! Congratz.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations. You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!