Looking for support

Options
I have been on this program for a month and looking for others who can be there for support. I would like to get to know others and see how they are doing in their process and can also be there for me. We can help each other out.

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I realy enjoy this site, but have to admit that I did wander away for a bit and in that time I had a lot of stress and I gained three pounds. UGH. But I am back and looking to start my journey all over again.

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.

Today I got back on the wagon and did my first real workout it nearly three years. I went to a local boxing gym and worked out the the kids and they whupped my booty, I tell you what. But, man do I feel great.

It's about making life changes and I am ready and it looks like you are, too.

I hope to see you on the boards and good luck and continued success.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    It's nice to have others following your progress and giving you a thumbs up when you succeed and pushing you along when you feel discouraged. I have been on here logging my food for the past 4 days and talking to others and reading their success stories and their doubts and concerns, it's not just me I realize and I can take some of their advice and write my own concerns and you really do get people who write back with some good things to say. It's pretty cool! :smile:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'd love to offer support to you! That's what this place is all about!
    Risa
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    Welcome!

I've been a member of MFP for a few months now. The web site is very helpful, while my weight loss hasn't been as fast as I'd like, the support from this community has been great!

Keep on keeping on, do stick to your plan. and you'll get there!
  • danikay73
    danikay73 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this site too, I started my jouney on April 19th.
    I would be happy to be part of you support team, please feel free to add me as a friend. Same for anyone else out there looking for support. <3
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to the "motivation and support" forum and finding a group there that fits you needs & joining. Most of the groups have a weekly or daily check in.

I'm a member of the Over 200 Club and I swear it's the best group on MFP. The women there are incredible and we've all pushed each other and motivated/inspired each other past the points at which many of us would have normally given up. We've actually been wildly successful with our weight loss as a group, many of us losing over 50 pounds and many more well on their way! I can honestly say they have been a huge part of my success. So, while "over 200" may not fit your needs, there is probably another group already established that does. Or, if you want to start your own motivational group, go over there & post what you're looking for & I'm sure lots of people will want to join.